|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Transformers: Generation 1
Tacker is part of the Autobot Multiforce. He is an all around tough guy. Amply learned in things military, he is well-versed in combat tactics, serving as the Multiforce's strategist. His power represents the earth. He can handle any terrain, but is often quite stubborn. 
All the members of Multiforce can combine with any other member of Multiforce to form a larger robot, but Tacker most commonly combines with Dash to form Dashtacker. All the Multiforce members can combine into Landcross. With their new stealth modes the members of Multiforce can become invisible.
The Multiforce is first spotlighted in episode #4, "Unite!! Multiforce" The latest Breast Force warriors -- Jaguar, Drillhorn and Killbison -- along with Leozack and the Dinoforce make plans to attack an energy complex. Meanwhile, Jan gets a physics lesson from the Multiforce about fulcrums. Suddenly, at the plant, the Decepticons strike from the air and the sea with the Dinoforce while the Breast Force members hide in the sand in ambush. The Multiforce spot the destruction from afar and battle the Dinoforce on even terms until the Decepticons form Dinoking. Jan informs the other Autobots that there is danger so Star Saber and the Brainmasters headed out to investigate. Just as things look bad, the Multiforce merged to form Landcross and battle with Dinoking. Star Saber arrives to help Landcross take on Dinoking while the Brainmasters battle Killbison and Jaguar, driving away the Decepticons.
The Multiforce appears in episode #7, "Explosion!! The Energy Base" where the Decepticons build a new base in the jungles of South America to store energy. Machtackle and Dashtacker inform Star Saber of the new base. Wingwaver suggests he take the other Multiforce members there to investigate, but Star Saber insists the Blacker lead them. Wingwaver chafes at how Blacker treats him like a kid. Transported to the jungle by Galaxy Shuttle Blacker leads the Multiforce to their target, but they are spotted by Yokuryu, who calls in the rest of the Dinoforce. Blacker leads the Decepticons away and sends the Multiforce to contact Star Saber for backup. Wingwaver sends Machtackle and Dashtacker back to Galaxy Shuttle, but refuses to leave Blacker behind. Worried about the lack of contact, Star Saber flies to South America to join them. As Blacker is being overpowered by the Dinoforce, Wingwaver comes to his rescue. The Decepticons decide to escape with the energy they have, but Star Saber arrives to stop them. Deathsaurus orders the Decepticons to leave the energy behind and instead blow it up, hoping to destroy the Autobots with it, but Star Saber is able to defeat Leozack before the Decepticon can set off the explosion. The Autobots then return to their base in Galaxy Shuttle.
In episode #23, "Fight to the Death!! Antarctic Battle", the Breast Force drains energy from the Antarctic, melting the polar ice. The Multiforce aid people trapped in a flood in South America when Star Saber orders them to meet him at a United Nations research base in the Antarctic. Wing and Mach arrive first and are confronted by Liokaiser. Waver tows in the rest of Multiforce by sea and despite forming Landcross they are outclassed by Liokaiser’s ability to turn invisible. Star Saber and Galaxy Shuttle arrive to help in the fight as Jan, Stakeout and Seawatch help evacuate the human scientists from the U.N. base. Liokaiser continues to best the Autobots in battle thanks to his ability to turn invisible, but as the Decepticon gestalt is about to finish off Victory Saber, Deathsaurus steps in and insists that he have a hand in the demise of his enemy. Star Saber takes the opportunity to take the battle to the air, matching Deathsaurus’ deadly wings with his skill. Galaxy Shuttle takes out the Decepticon energy collector with an energy blast and the Decepticons retreat in the Thunder Arrow. The humans scientists thank the Autobots for their help.
Tacker appears in episode #37, "Showdown! The Fortress vs. the Victory Unification."
In the Transformers: Zone animation Landcross is seen among other high-ranking Autobots (such as Road Caesar, Grand Maximus, Metalhawk, Lander, and the Autobot Godmasters) when Dai Atlas is sworn-in by Victory Saber as the new Supreme Commander of the Autobot forces.
When Landcross was reissued in Japan in 2004 it included a story of the Multiforce team arriving on Earth while testing their stealth modes, meeting the Autobot Micromaster combiner teams, and defeating the Decepticon Sixbuilder and Sixwing teams. 
Dashtacker, Machtackle and Wingwaver were among the Autobots who attended a speech by Prowl in the New Iacon Central Hall in the story "Skyfire" from the Transformers: Generation One comic by Dreamwave Productions. The Autobots were less than satisfied with Prowl. 
- Generation 1 Dash and Tacker (1989)
- Tacker was packaged together with his partner Dash. A Takara exclusive, not sold by Hasbro.
- Generation 1 Reissue Tacker (2004)
- Blind packaged. A Takara exclusive, not sold by Hasbro. In 2004, the entire Multiforce was re-released as part of the Micromaster Collection (despite having never previously been considered Micromasters), in individual boxes with a number visible to show which mold was inside each box. For this release, all of the decals from the original version were replaced with paint applications. Landcross could only be assembled by buying all six components individually; he was never offered as a complete set.
- Generation 1 Tacker Stealth Mode (2004)
- Blind packaged special stealth figure. A Takara exclusive, not sold by Hasbro. In every case of twelve Multiforce "Micromasters," two of them were solid-black-plastic "stealth mode" variations. All six toys were available in this manner, and could be combined into a black "stealth mode" Landcross.
- "The Brave Hero of the Universe - Star Saber". Written by Hiroyuki Hoshiyama. Transformers: Victory. March 14th, 1989. No. 1, season 1.
- "Unite!! Multiforce". Written by Hajime Suzuki. Transformers: Victory. April 11th, 1989. No. 4, season 1.
- "Explosion!! The Energy Base". Written by Hiroyuki Hoshiyama. Transformers: Victory. May 9th, 1989. No. 7, season 1.
- "Fight to the Death!! Antarctic Battle". Written by Hajime Suzuki. Transformers: Victory. September 5th, 1989. No. 23, season 1.