Mainsail (Lost Protectors)
Mainsail is a fictional character and homage to Centurions Max Ray made by Play With This Too. He is an intergalactic hero in the Grand Protector Armada.
Mainsail is an intergalactic heroic character created by Play With This Too. He is a member of the Grand Protector Armada. He wears a suit of Aegis armor with Blue/Green Lasers, Tidal Torpedo and Max Axe weapons and has a Tech Drone companion named R-Paint.
Mainsail is an homage to Centurions Max Ray. R-Paint's design is influenced by Diver and Waverider.
Mainsail was designed by Rik Alvarez with the help of Mark Wong.
Rik was interviewed on the TFYLP podcast on October 10th, 2014. On the show he mentioned there may be an exclusive version of Astroblast that was green and orange.
The first concept art of Ankhor and Mainsail was released on the Play With This Too Facebook page in December 2014.
In June 2015 Play With This Too announced that were reworking Ankhor/Mainsail to use some parts from Boneyard/Jetstrike.
In May 2017 Play With This Too posted color guides of Mainsail and R-Paint on Twitter.
His motto, weapon names and the title Herald of the Abysmal Darkness were created by Mathew Robert Ignash.
The Retro Robot Radio show for October 25th, 2014 interviewed Rik Alvarez. The show discussed Play With This Too team members Mark Wong, Steve Redinger, Trent Troop, Ken Christiansen, Aaron Archer and Simon Furman. It also talked about the toys for Ancient Astronaut, Astroblast, Bloodbath, Boneyard, Desolataur, Jetwash and Steel Cock as well as the first three volumes of Head Shots. In the show Rik mentioned there was a water based character being developed who was a 40% remold of Astroblast.
The Cybercast podcast for December 6th, 2014 talked about Ankhor, Mainsail and Sir Fangramore LeVenomous. They said they reminded them of Transformers Diver/Waverider, Centurions Max Ray and Masters of the Universe SSSqueeze, respectively.
The Retro Robot Radio show for December 6th, 2014 talked about Ancient Astronaut, Ankhor, Desolataur and Mainsail and Sir Fangramore LeVenomous in the news.
The Repacked Podcast podcast for December 9th, 2014 discussed Ankhor, Mainsail and Sir Fangramore LeVenomous in the news. The hosts said Mainsail reminded them of the Centurions character Max Ray.
Mainsail wears an Aegis battle suit which grants him enhanced durability, longevity, strength and several inbuilt weapons. His suit also provides ultraviolet vision, breathable air and protection from harsh environmental conditions including under water and the vacuum of space. The suit can fly and propel itself though the water. As the Herald of the Abysmal Darkness Mainsail can summon vast areas of darkness and silence as exists in the deepest abyss, which does not block his own senses. He has a Tech Drone companion named R-Paint who turns into a scout ship.
- Mainsail character sheet by Mathew Robert Ignash for Hero 4th edition role playing game.
- Play With This Too Lost Protectors Mainsail with R-Paint (unreleased)
- A 1:12 scale articulated figure with interchangeable head and limbs. He has numerous 5mm connector ports. Comes with an alternate head, alternate hands, 2 thrusters, 2 torpedo cannons and 2 dive wings.
- The Mainsail head works well with the Leigh Muria and Secton heads.
- Mainsail shares the same basic design with Ankhor.
- Mainsail shares some parts with Astro Spreem, Astroblast, Count Tuskules, Goldminer, Impirator, Iron Strike, Landmass, Lord Tangent von Tuskuleser, Rawbat, Terrortops, Titanic Triceratops XD and Tri-Gorr.
- R-Paint turns from robot to scout ship. He has a 3mm hole at the bottom of each foot. He shares a mold with R-Send.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_fCVNxw13s
- ↑ http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/1044641-play-too-boneyard-pretender-grimlock-8.html#post12683988
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayWithThisToo/status/859787007798771714/photo/1
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayWithThisToo/status/864482120173047808/photo/1
- ↑ Mathew Robert Ignash (October 25th, 2014). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Robert Ignash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKvV9DVGiw.
- ↑ Josh (December 6th, 2014). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Cybercast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOZYQRHqhwo.
- ↑ Mathew Robert Ignash (December 6th, 2014). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Robert Ignash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9z-1vxYzxc.
- ↑ Craig Moore (December 9th, 2014). "Repacked Podcast". http://www.repackedpodcast.com/ (Podcast). Repacked Podcast. http://www.repackedpodcast.com/archives/1577.
- 1:12 scale
- 5mm peg compatible toys
- Fictional characters who can fly
- Fictional characters who can manipulate darkness or shadows
- Fictional characters who can project energy
- Fictional characters with oxygen independence
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman longevity
- Fictional characters with superhuman senses
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional undersea characters
- Hero System
- Mark Wong designs
- Max Ray homages
- Play With This Too toys
- Protector Armada
- Rik Alvarez designs
- Unreleased toys