Iron Strike is a fictional character made by Play With This Too for their Lost Protectors series. He is the leader of the Strike Fleet who wears a power Aegis Armor capable of flight and various weapons. He has a Tech Drone companion named R-Deemer who turns from robot to jet.
Iron Strike is an homage to Metalhawk.
Rik Alvarez first mentioned a figure named Steel Cock on the Retro Robot Radio show in October 2014. He said it was a 70% remold of Astroblast.
Play With This Too first revealed art of Iron Strike on their Facebook page in January 2015.
The rights to the head sculpt for Iron Strike were to be sold to backers at the Play With This Too crowd funding, but the design was never used in the campaign.
"Jetstrike, Ankhor and Ironstrike will all have the option for one person to own the right to have their face placed on the figure regardless of age, gender or ethnicity."
His title, powers and quote were created by Mathew Robert Ignash.
In April 2017 Play With This Too posted a color picture of Iron Strike on Twitter.
The Retro Robot Radio show for October 25th, 2014 interviewed Rik Alvarez. The show discussed Play With This Too team members Mark Wong, Steve Redinger, Trent Troop, Ken Christiansen, Aaron Archer and Simon Furman. It also talked about the toys for Ancient Astronaut, Astroblast, Bloodbath, Boneyard, Desolataur, Jetwash and Steel Cock as well as the first three volumes of Head Shots.
The Cybercast podcast for November 22nd, 2014 interviewed Rik Alvarez. He spoke about Play With This Toosday reveals, Astroblast, Bloodbath, Desolataur, Ironstrike, Jetwash, The Mighty Muscules - Son of Testosteros, Tri-Gorr and the Play With Yourself Box Set. He announced the villains of his series would be called Heretics and that the first Play With This Toosday reveal would be of interest to Masters of the Universe fans.
Iron Strike is the proud and loud leader of the Striker Fleet. He believes in the mission of the Strikers as peacekeepers with every fiber of his being. He wears an Aegis battle suit which grants him flight, enhanced durability, longevity, strength and several inbuilt weapons. His suit also provides ultraviolet vision, breathable air and protection from harsh environmental conditions including under water and the vacuum of space. He carries a Persuader rifle and fires a seemingly endless supply of Star Hawk missiles. As the Envoy of Eternity he never tires and heals from any wound almost instantly. He has a Tech Drone Squire companion named R-Deemer who turns from robot to jet.
- Play With This Too Lost Protectors Iron Strike with R-Deemer (unreleased)
- A 1:12 scale articulated figure with interchangeable head and limbs. He has numerous 5mm connector ports. Comes with alternate robot head, two sets of hands (open and closed), helmet, rifle and sword.
- Iron Strike shares the same basic design as Moonstrike.
- Iron Strike shares some parts with Ankhor, Astro Spreem, Astroblast, Goldminer, Impirator, Landmass, Mainsail, Rawbat, Terrortops, Titanic Triceratops XD and Tri-Gorr.
- R-Deemer turns from robot to jet. He has a 3mm hole in the bottom of each foot.
- Mathew Robert Ignash (25 October 2014). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). RetroRobotRadio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKvV9DVGiw.
- Josh (22 November 2014). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Cybercast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weVUBYepzMk.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.