Oilmaster is a Decepticon bounty hunter and Double Pretender from the Transformers franchise.
Oilmaster was originally intended to be one of several Double Pretender figures, but the line was ultimately not produced. However, Oilmaster was later featured in a Japanese story where he pursued Magnificus, and two years later his shell (originally unveiled at BotCon 1996) was reused for a Transformers: Timelines exclusive.
Oilmaster's jet component was originally intended to be the Decepticon Micromaster Airwave, but was later changed to simply be an extension of Oilmaster's will. It retains Airwave's colors.
Oilmaster's sword is called a qualtablade, a reference to the weapon used by Ka D'Argo in the TV series Farscape.
- Hasbro Transformers Timelines Double Pretender Oilmaster (2015)
- The Double Pretender shell comes with two figures, both representing aspects of Oilmaster: a ground-based robot repainted from Transformers: Generations Swerve, and a flying Micromaster repainted from Flanker.
- Comes with a rifle recolors from Construct-Bots Megatron and a sword recolored from Construct-Bots Optimus Prime.
- The shell was later recolored for use with Double Pretender Optimus Prime.
- The shell was was to be reused in a proposed Shattered Glass Optimus Primal which was never released.
- The Optimus Prime recolor of the shell was used by Pete's Robocon to make the custom class exclusives Pretender Gears and Pretender Swerve.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.