|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Minerva is the name of two fictional characters from the Transformers series. The original Minerva was one of the heroes in the Transformers: Super-God Masterforce anime introduced in 1988. The second Minerva was an homage to the original in the Transformers Animated series introduced in 2011.
Transformers: Generation 1
A human character from Transformers Masterforce, Minerva (spelled "Minelba" in on the Japanese toy box) was one of three human children to use the Transtectors to become Cybertron Headmasters, serving as the team's medic. Her Transtector was a Porsche 959. She is non-violent by nature so she never uses her weapons to take another's life. She carries a Shock Blaster and Shock Gun.
In some English dubs of the series Minerva is called "Nightbeat", after the American toy that shares her mold.
Minerva was voted one of the top robot characters that does not look like her toy by Topless Robots.
She first appeared in the third episode of the Masterforce series. Minerva was a passenger on a jet from the Republic of Mont Porte which crashed in Corsica because of the Destron Pretender Blood (known as Bomb-Burst in America). The Autobot Pretenders managed to get her and her parents to Japan.
Minerva volunteered to become an Autobot Headmaster Junior along with Shuta and Cab in episode #4.
During a desert battle with Overlord, God Bomber revealed an unexpected ability by reconfiguring his components into a robot mode in response to Ginrai's threat. Later, the Headmaster Juniors discovered that they could control Godbomber in both of his modes by uniting their own Chokon Power, together matching the level used by Ginrai to control him.
With Black Zarak's return to Earth and subsequent merging with Devil Z, God Ginrai was forced into a final battle with the hybrid entity. He succeeded in decapitating the villain, but Black Zarak then assumed a new hydra alternate mode, which God Ginrai destroyed with his God Fire Guts attack. With the added power of the Headmaster Juniors from within his God Bomber components, God Ginrai then executed the almighty Final Fire Guts attack, destroying Devil Z. With the energy-being's destruction, Ginrai and the other humans were separated from their Transtectors, who continued to exist as true robot lifeforms, having evolved real personalities through their partnership with humans. The newly-born Transformers then departed Earth to pursue the surviving Decepticons back into space.
Minerva last appears in episode #42 of the Masterforce series.
After gaining sentience, the pure Transformer Minerva along with Wheeljack and Perceptor (although none of these characters are called by name and all feature different voice actors from their original Japanese versions) helped to treat God Ginrai and give him new life as Victory Leo after he was fatally injured in Transformers: Victory.
Minerva appears as a member of Nightbeat's team in Cheap Shots'.' In this story Nightbeat's crew are hired by a sentient ship named Amory to relocate her pilot. After investigating they find the whole job is a trap set by the Decepticon Ruckus, now leading the Mayhem Attack Squad. Ruckus is holding the pilot hostage, but Slag cuts Ruckus' arm off and recovers the pilot, for which Amory pays them.
- Generation 1 Headmaster Minerva (1988)
- Minerva's toy was recolored from a male Autobot named Nightbeat, with light blue pieces recolored white and yellow parts recolored red. The gynoid character Minerva was never sold in the U.S.
- Aladdintoy.com Headmaster Minerva (2011)
- An unlicensed reproduction of Minerva with some color differences. This toy is missing a functioning tech spec meter, but has an added sword.
- Reprolabels Headmaster Minerva (2012)
- A set of labels meant to make the reproduction Minerva look more like the original toy was released by Reprolabels in 2011. This set was given away as part of a promotion together with Go Shooter.
In Transformers: Galaxy Force, the Thunderblast toy was recolored and released in limited numbers, painted as a homage to Minerva. However, this recolored GD-11 Chromia remained a Destron/Decepticon. This Transformer was sold with the Galaxy Force T/F/G/F vol. 09 DVD that contains episodes 33-36.
Minerva was the Botcon 2011 custom class figure, she was a remold of Animated Arcee.
- Animated Deluze Minerva (2011)
- An exclusive to Botcon 2011 that could only be obtained by attending the customizing class and building the figure.
- Daniel Arseneault ] (w), Alex Milne (p), Josh Perez (col). "Changes in War" TFcon (July 29th, 2011), TFCon
- Alvarez, J.E. (2001). The Unofficial Guide to Japanese and International Transformers. Schiffer Publishing Ltd.. p. 39. ISBN 0764312820.
- http://www.tfu.info/1988/Cybertron/Minerva/minerva.htm Minerva