Pick-Slaughter is a fictional character and robot toy made by BMOG Toys in 2014. He is an evil robotic manta ray.
Pick-Slaughter is a character from the BMOG (Bio-Mechanical Ordnance Gestalts) toy line. He is not an homage to any existing character, but meant to be used as either a stand-alone figure, or as accessories to any toy capable of using 5mm port accessories, such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Zoids Blox, and many others.
Fundraising for the BMOG Toys bear and manta mold was done through Kickstarter. The goal of raising $19,000 was surpassed by the end of the fundraising period on December 13th, 2013.
A survey of the Kickstarter members as to what color the Kickstarter exclusive bear and manta should be resulted in "action hunter" orange. This set was named Solarbear vs. Pick-Slaughter. BMOG Toys designer Trent Troop has commented that the orange used for Pick-Slaughter is similar to the "safety" orange found on Generation 1 Tyrannotron.
Pick-Slaughter was the original sprue-mate conceived to go with Solarbear, but the decision as made to have the toy be an Augmentoid, so it was turned into Sea-Labyrs. You can still make Pick-Slaughter be applying alternate Paraxxoid stickers to the Sea-Labrys toy.
Solarbear and Sea-Labrys were released in August 2014. The package included stickers to make Sea-Labrys into Pick-Slaughter.
The Retro Robot Radio podcast for May 3rd, 2014 mentioned Mant-Axe, Pick-Slaughter, Sea-Labrys and Ursenal in the news.
- Solarbear and Sea-Labrys review on YouTube by Rob A
- Various BMOG Bear and Manta Ray sets review on YouTube by Vangelus
The evil Pick-Slaughter was brought to life when weapons made by a group of evil interdimensional arms dealers were exposed to the power of the last world seed. He is a member of the Paraxxoids. Pick-Slaughter has under-wing turbines that work both in air and water. He breaks down into a double-bladed battle axe and a duel barreled laser pistol.
- BMOG Toys Action Hunter Bear and Manta Ray (2014)
- A recolor of the Military Black Bear and Manta Ray by BMOG Toys. Contains two rifles, two rocket launchers, a hammer, a tuning fork, a scanner, a clamp, an axe and gun.
- Comes with two sticker sheets and instructions.
- Parts form this set are used to make Pick-Slaughter, Sea-Labrys, Solarbear and Treblemaker.
- ↑ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1822390380/bmog-bio-mechanical-ordnance-gestalts-ursenal-vs-m/comments
- ↑ Mathew Robert Ignash (May 3rd, 2014). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Robert Ignash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CScIy3Aj60.