Matt Hunter (GoBots)
Matt Hunter one of three main human allies of the Guardian GoBots in the Challenge of the GoBots animated series and related fiction.
Matt was an experienced NASA astronaut, and was charged with taking the shuttle Intrepid up to repair a satellite with the help of cadets Nick Burns and A.J. Foster. However, the shuttle was destroyed by the Renegades' Thruster, and the trio were suspended by NASA, who didn't believe their story. However, the Guardians soon contacted them for help repairing Turbo. Matt was then drawn into the battle between the two groups, instantly striking up a rapport with Leader-1.
He would regularly pilot the Guardian in battle. However, he was taken over by the Renegades' Pulsar Generator, but was freed by Turbo, Scooter and the cadets. He then helped stop the Renegades' invasion of the planet, and was obviously allowed to return to NASA.
He stayed with the service when it was revamped as UNECOM, taking a key liaison role in their alliance with the Guardians.
Matt would help discover the Last Engineer and returned to Earth when GoBotron fell to the Renegades, eventually helping pilot the Command Center during the Guardians' successful counterattack.
Matt Hunter appeared in Challenge of the GoBots episode 9, "Terror in Atlantis".
He briefly turned out as a successful gladiator in Old GoBotron; he took the Tri-Amulet from Cy-Kill; he convinced the Guardians to listen to Doctor Braxis about the Nova Beam; he helped expose the Renegades' plans during the Vienna peace conference; he freed the captured Guardians on Elba (though he also got stranded there by way of thanks); swallowed down his pride to recruit Braxis again to combat Roguestar's stealth field, and destroyed the Renegades' Shield Generator when they used it to give crime-lord Murchison control of America.
World International Publishing
Hunter appeared in the story "La Busqueda" (The Search) from the Argentina GoBots comic #4.
Matt Hunter was featured in the 2016 Ask Vector Prime story Echoes and Fragments, set during the events of The Transformers: The Movie. The manipulations of the evil Gong and Sideways resulted in various GoBots swapping places with characters during the events of that film.
- Snyder, Robin (1984). War of the GoBots. Western Publishing Company. ISBN 0307113760.
- Harris, Jack (1985). Race to the Stars. Western Publishing Company. ISBN 0307666433.
- Champions of Lixil. World International Publishing. 1985. ISBN 0-7235-7810-9.
- The Wagner Sirens. World International Publishing. 1985. ISBN 0723578133.
- ""La Busqueda"" GoBots 4 (1986)
- "Rebels Without a Circuit". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 27, 1986/December 28th, 2015. No. 2, season 1.
- "Cy-Kill For President". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. September 15, 1986/October 18th, 2015. No. 9, season 1.
- Jim Sorenson (w). "Echoes and Fragments" Ask Vector Prime (February 10th, 2016), Fun Publications
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.