Boulder (Rock Lords)
- 1 Rock Lords
- 1.1 Development
- 1.2 Reception
- 1.3 Fictional biography
- 1.4 Animated series
- 1.5 Comics
- 1.6 Toys
- 1.7 Gallery
- 2 References
- 3 External links
Boulder is a heroic Rock Lord. He is the leader of a heroic Rock Lord tribe on the planet Quartex. His tribe includes Crackpot, Granite, Marbles, Pulver-Eyes and Rock Roller. He is also friends with the robotic Rock Lord Nuggit and the queen of the Jewel Lords, Solitaire.
His weapon of choice is his Power Sword rifle. He also has a Power Scepter. He sometimes drives a Rock Pot vehicle.
In the French Bleu, l'Enfant de la Terre animated series he is small and can fly.
Boulder was also called Gros Galet on his French Canadian packaging, which translates into Big Stone.
In the IDW Publishing Transformers stories Boulder is a Cybertronian Non-Aligned Indigenous Life-form.
He should not be confused with the Transformers characters of the same name.
Boulder appeared in the 1986 Tonka's World of Entertainment catalog in an alternate color scheme with darker skin and a black helmet.
- Boulder and Nuggit review on YouTube by peaugh
- Boulder and Nuggit review on YouTube by CYBER-TIGER RETRO TOY SHOWCASE AND REVIEWS
- Boulder, Magmar and Sticks 'n Stones review on YouTube by baltmatrix
Brave and wise with a awesome physique, Boulder leads the defense of Quartex against Magmar's villainous plots. Boulder has rallied the remaining free kingdoms of the planet under his leadership. His fiery temper strikes fear into friend and foe alike. In the heart of the battle, he scatters enemies with stungun blasts and zaps them with his Power Sword.
Bleu, l'Enfant de la Terre
Boulder was among the Rock Lords who appeared in the French animated series Bleu, l'Enfant de la Terre. In the first episode he plays on the beach with his companion Rock Lords.
GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords
Boulder first appeared in the 1986 film GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords as the leader of the heroic Rock Lords on the planet Quartex. His colors matched the prototype toy seen in the Tonka's World of Entertainment catalog.
Boulder appeared in the Fun Publication story Echoes and Fragments. In the amalgam reality created by Sideways and Gong, Boulder and the Rock Lords filled in for Wreck-Gar and the Junkions during the events of The Transformers: The Movie.
In episode 43, "Of Rocks and RoGuns Part 1", Boulder's tribe were captured in a collapsing tunnel by Magmar. They used the Trans-Galactic Modem given to them by the Guardians GoBots to call for assistance.
Boulder appeared in episode 64 "Combiner Wars Part 1". Boulder and Solitaire met with Leader-1 and General Newcastle on Quartex. Leader-1 to discuss a tri-planet alliance with Earth and GoBotron. Cy-Kill had Nemesis snatch Boulder and Leader-1.
Boulder, Brimstone, Granite, Nuggit and Spearhead had a cameo appearance among the Non-Aligned Indigenous Life-forms Blurr drove past on Cybertron who appeared in IDW Publishing's Transformers: Robots in Disguise issue #4 story "Devisive".
Boulder commanded his forces in "Update From Quartex" by Telepictures Publications in Winter 1987. In the story Magmar's forces attempt to force Boulder's troops into a lava river, but they are saved when Nuggit charges in with several Rockasaurs to help.
Boulder appeared in the second Rock Lords pack-in comic "There's Ssomething Flashing Over There Let's Go!".
- Bandai Rock Lords GoBots Boulder (Europe, 1986)
- Turns from rock to Rock Lord. This version came with a black Power Sword rifle and credited Rock Lords as part of the GoBots line.
- This mold was released in slightly different colors as Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos Battlerock by Bandai, although the Battlerock characters in the Bandai animated series were colors more like Boulder than Battlerock.
- Bandai Rock Lords Machine Men Boulder (Australia, 1986)
- A release of Boulder for Australia. This version came with a black Power Sword rifle and credited Rock Lords as part of the Machine Men line.
- Tonka Rock Lords 7500 Boulder (USA & England, 1986)
- A release of Boulder for the USA and England. The US release comes with a red "Power Sword" rifle.
- Two package variants of this version exist. The initial version had a red lower left corner and said "Boulder Heroic Rock Warrior". The second version had a yellow lower corner and said "Boulder Good".
- Tonka Rock Lords 7500 Boulder/Gros Galet (Canada, 1986)
- This version has English and French language on the card. Boulder was called Gros Galet in French.
- Jim Sorenson (w). "Echoes and Fragments" Ask Vector Prime (February 10th, 2016), Fun Publications
- "On the Rocks". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 16, 1986/January 29th, 2016. No. 11, season 1.
- "Fossil Fallout". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 9th, 1986/December 8th, 2015. No. 27, season 1.
- "Of Rocks and RoGuns Part 1". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. November 12th, 1986/January 5th, 2016. No. 43, season 1.
- "Of Rocks and RoGuns Part 2". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. November 12th, 1986/January 6th, 2016. No. 44, season 1.
- "Combiner Wars Part 1". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. December 11th, 1986/February 5th, 2016. No. 64, season 1.
- "Combiner Wars Part 2". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. December 12th, 1986/February 5th, 2016. No. 65, season 1.
- Paul Kirchner (w, a). "Update From Quartex" GoBots Magazine (Winter 1987), Telepictures Publications