BuggyMan is a fictional character from the GoBots series. He is a Renegade GoBot who turns into a dune buggy who was introduced in 1983. He was a reoccuring character in the Challenge of the GoBots animated series.
BuggyMan is a Renegade GoBot. He is one of the many Renegades loyal to Cy-Kill. Some fiction refers to him as "the Buggy Man".
The following was printing on the Ask Vector Prime Facebook page on October 18th, 2016, when Cy-Kill was hosting.
Dear Renegade Rhetoric, Can you tell us anything about Scales, Block Head, Fly Trap, or BuggyMan?
BuggyMan is a solid officer. He takes the initiative readily and is quick to assess the situation and make a judgment. He is often in command of a Thruster.
In December 2014 Reprolabels released a set of stickers for Duneraker that included BuggyMan themed stickers.
Everyone's heard of the Boogeyman-well, BuggyMan's just as bad. And when he turns into a dune buggy he's a real mean machine.
Like most GoBots, BuggyMan has numerous abilities because of his robotic body. He can survive in space and is super-humanly strong and tough. He can fly in robot mode and project energy blasts from his hands. His body heals quickly when supplied with energy. He can turn into a dune buggy.
BuggyMan first appeared in episode 1 of Challenge of the GoBots, "Battle for GoBotron". He was among the Renegades in Cy-Kill fortress on GoBotron present just before Cy-Kill left for Earth. He informed Cy-Kill that the Guardians were attacking.
BuggyMan appeared in the episode 5, "The Final Conflict" where he was among the Renegades captured on GoBotron.
BuggyMan appeared in episode 12, "Time Wars" where he was sent from GoBotron to Earth on a mission by Cy-Kill to delay the Guardians by demolishing a dam. BuggyMan was then sent to the lab of a scientist who invented a time travel machine to guard the machine while Cy-Kill and his allies were in 217 B.C. Although the Guardians captured the Renegades BuggyMan aided them in escaping by using a portable stealth device to turn them all invisible.
In the episode 34 "Scooter Enhanced" Scooter and Small Foot join Nick and A.J. to watch a car stunt show which is attacked by Crasher, BuggyMan and Fly Trap. Small Foot fights Buggyman and defeats him, but the Renegades gain the upper hand. The Guardians are rescued by Leader-1 and Turbo who arrive in Power Suits. Cy-Kill vows to gain Power Suits for the Renegades. Scooter decides he needs more firepower, so he has Professor von Joy remove his damaged holo projector in favor of a blaster unit. Screw Head, Bad Boy and Cop-Tur are sent to attack Unecom bases and distract the Guardians while Cy-Kill, Crasher and Scorp attempt to take the suits from the Guardian Command Center. Small Foot and Scooter are able to delay the Renegades until Leader-1 and Turbo return to chase away the Renegades. Realizing he was a better Guardian with his holo projector, Scooter has it reinstalled.
- Tonka GoBots 08 BuggyMan (1983)
- A release of Machine Robo MR-08 Buggy Robo toy. Turns from robot to buggy. Released in blue.
- Tonka GoBots 39 BuggyMan (1985)
- A recolor of the original mold in orange.
- This color represents the character as they appeared when enslaved by the Overseers in "Chains of Doom".
- Reprolabels Labels for iGear Duneraker (2014)
- A set of labels for Duneraker that include stickers to make him more like Beachcomber or BuggyMan.
- Bellomo, Mark (2010). Totally Tubular '80s. Krause Publications. pp. 90–93. ISBN 1440212821.
- "Time Wars". Written by Jeff Seagle, Kelly Ward and Doug Booth. Challenge of the GoBots. First-run syndication. September 17th, 1985. No. 12, season 1.
- "Scooter Enhanced". Written by Jeff Segal, Kelly Ward and Mark Young. Challenge of the GoBots. First-run syndication. October 9th, 1984. No. 34, season 1.
- "The Hawks of Space". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. September 24, 1986 & September 25, 1986/October 19th, 2015. No. 7 & 8, season 1.