Wolf Sword! Call Forth the Thunder of Courage!
Wolf Sword! Call Forth the Thunder of Courage! is the second episode of the animated television series Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos, which was broadcast on July 10, 1986 in Japan.
Rom, Reina, Jet, Drill and Jim mourn at Kirai's tomb. Rom vows to honor his father by fighting off the Gandora and follows the Wolf Sword's directions to find the next threat to Cronos. Jet and Drill decide to follow and help. Above the planet Gades punishes Grujious for his failure, but allows his lieutenant and the Devil Satan 6 another chance at finding the Hyribead. He sends them down to find any buildings with the Wolf Crest. They soon find one at Sado Fortress but Rom catches and attacks three Devil Satan 6 members at the gates. He struggles in the fight, but insists Jet and Drill leave it to him. Rom succeeds in driving the Gandora off, but is injured and collapses. Reina and Jim have also decided to follow Rom but are intercepted and captured by the rest of the Devil Satan 6.
Rom is recovering in the city when Grujious and the Devil Satan 6 arrive with their captives. They promise to leave the settlement alone if Rom, Jet and Drill are sent out. Despite Rom warning the city folk that Grujious won't keep his word the inhabitants agree. Sure enough once the travelers are tied to crosses Grujious starts slapping everyone around trying to find out about the Wolf Crest. A young boy named Ziggy releases the travelers and with help from Battleflex distracts the Gandora - but not before Rom falls down a ravine. There Rom receives a vision from Kirai and returns to save the city inside Blade Dragon. After the Devil Satan 6 combine, Rom summons Vikung-Fu and drives off the Gandora again. Rom returns to his comrades and agrees to continue his quest with their help.
|Reina Stol||Gades||Kirai Stol|
|Rod Drill||Diondora||Sado Fortress Guards|
|Devil Satan 6|
- Firsts: This is the first appearance of Battleflex, who continues to appear for much of the series.
- Rom wears a wrist communicator which can summon his sentient car Battleflex.
- Gades reduces the Devil Satan 6 three ranks for their failure from the last episode.
- Ziggy's design is similar, but not identical, to Supercar Robo, who was imported to the USA as the GoBot Turbo.
- The two very different looking Devil Soldiers are killed by Blue Jet with his sword, but in an animation error they both look like the second minion when he slices them in half.
- Vikung-Fu defeats Devil Satan 6 with a single Thunder Screw Kick attack which knocks the villain down and forces him to de-combine.
- Death toll: Two Devil Soldiers are killed by Blue Jet.
- The French dub of this episode was called "Le Secret de Vie", which translates to "The Secret of Life".
- Some English subtitles of this episode are called "Wolf Sword! Please Call the Brave Thunder" or "Wolf Sword! Call Forth the Brave Lightening!!".
- ↑ "Wolf Sword! Call Forth the Thunder of Courage!". Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos. July 10th, 1986. No. 2, season 1.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.