Weapon Specialist is a fictional character and third-party Transformer homage to Generation 1 Ironhide created by iGear in 2012.
Weapon Specialist is an homage to the Transformers Autobot Ironhide.
According to his tech spec numbers Weapon Specialist is nearly fearless and incredibly tough. He also has above average strength, intelligence, firepower and skill. He is a bit slow though.
iGear first posted a teaser for Weapon Specialist in May 2011.
Weapon Specialist and Medical Specialist were first revealed on the internet in June 2011.
Weapon Specialist was previewed at the Third Party Panel at TFcon 2011.
Preorders for iGears Spray, Rager, Medical Specialist and Weapon Specialist went up on Big Bad Toy Store in August 2011.
iGear posted a video on the internet of the PP05 prototype.
Pictures in package were first released on the internet in July 2012.
Weapon Specialist shipped in August 2012.
In May 2013 Reprolabels released a set of "Specialist Ironhide" labels for the Weapon Specialist.
In the moonbase2 podcast for August 1st, 2011 Medical Specialist and Weapon Specialist were mentioned in the news. The hosts said they looked nice and commented on the high price and the vast number of weapons.
In the TFormers.com News Desk podcast for July 5th, 2012 Medical Specialist and Weapon Specialist were covered as a topic.
In the Fwooshcast podcast for November 24th, 2012 one of the hosts talked about the Medical Specialist and Weapon Specialist they recently bought.
From peaceful industrial Farm-'bot to Police Force, the road to Weapon Specialist was a long and arduous journey.
Fresh from his protoform, he was designated a life-time of agricultural work on the Energon farms of Broga-957, working with a small cluster of fellow farm-'bots, generations of whom were birthed from the same protoform batch.
His life was changed one day upon seeing his first flying 'bot, but wonder changed to terror as the flying 'bot razed the land, destroyed many Energon vaporators and left several Farm-'bots as charred husks of wire and twisted metal. From that day, Weapon Specialist vowed to leave his homestead and protect his homeland.
Against his friends wishes, he gave up everything to enlist in the Police Force. Despite bullying at the hands of hot-headed recruits, who picked on him for his cyber-rural background, he strived to improve himself, pushing harder, faster than the other 'bots. He passed all of the tests with flying colours, grace and and civility, earning the notice of an elite cadre of guards, and en route earned his famous nick-name due to his "nothing can upset me" facade and gentle personality - nothing could faze the 'bot with the bright future, and no insults could penetrate his armoured hide.
Finally the day came, and like all police units he was due to be upgraded to the standard police 256-OZU-004 body-type. It was meant to be the biggest day of his life and the start of an illustrious career, however during the spark-transplant procedure something went wrong...
An attack on the centre during the critical moment of spark extraction almost claimed his life, but instead left his body incomplete and malformed. His head missing? His face in his chest? His arms, by his waist? No rotor manoeuvrability in his legs?
He was put on spark support, and trapped in that body for 26 long cycles. Finally, after years of waiting, an experimental procedure by a Medical Specialist who was afflicted by the very same uncommon condition freed them both and made them mold brothers.
After vast cycles trapped in his hideous body, during which time he was passed over for the best Guard unit, Weapon Specialist's once jolly demeanour has been replaced with that of a gruff pragmatist, one who has set out to make a name for himself and re-invent himself as a Weapon Specialist, siding with a new leader, a leader he has faith in, who has stood up and taken charge, voicing his opinion against the council to warn about the coming tide of evil...
But that was just the start...The first of many.
Weapon Specialist is mentioned in the biography for Medical Specialist as one of his patients.
- iGear PP-05W Weapon Specialist (2012)
- An original third-party Transformer mold made by iGear. Shares the same basic design with Medical Specialist. Comes with a wide variety of weapons, alternative head, collector card and instructions. On the back of the instructions are co-sells for Spray, Rager, Hench, UFO, Cogz, Duneraker, Veer and Bushwacker.
- This toy was remolded into Patrol Specialist.
- Reprolabels Labels for IG Weapon Specialist (2013)
- A set of labels intended to make Weapon Specialist look more like Generation 1 Ironhide.
- ↑ http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/igear-pp05-teaser-172209/?catid=searchresults&searchid=13028
- ↑ Igear Ratchet And Ironhide Revealed, TFW2005, June 1st, 2011
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrUozfRdYUg
- ↑ http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/sponsor-news-19/new-igear-pre-orders-173088/
- ↑ http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/41F41gyvBzM/?rpid=71216492
- ↑ IGear PP-05W and PP-05M Final Product Images and Release Soon, TFW2005, July 4th, 2012
- ↑ Dave (August 1st, 2011). "moonbase2". http://moonbase2.libsyn.com (Podcast). moonbase2. http://moonbase2.libsyn.com/episode-149.
- ↑ Brian Kilby (July 5th, 2012). "TFormers.com News Desk". http://tformers.com (Podcast). TFormers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pocrXK3qcCQ.
- ↑ Craig (November 24th, 2012). "Fwooshcast". http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/ (Podcast). The Fwoosh. http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/2012/11/episode-89-november-24th-fwooshcast-the-next-generation/.
- ↑ http://toyhax.com/mp-scale/593-labels-for-ig-weapon-specialist.html?search_query=weapon+specialist&results=1
- 5mm peg compatible toys
- 2012 toys
- C Z Hazard characters
- Cassy Sark designs
- Fictional automobiles
- Fictional characters introduced in 2012
- Fictional characters with oxygen independence
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman longevity
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional police officers
- Fictional robots
- Fictional shapeshifters
- Ironhide homages