|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
SurePayroll is an online payroll provider for small businesses employing one to 100 employees. Founded by Scott Wald and current President Michael Alter in 2000, SurePayroll introduced completely online Software as a Service Software as a Service (SaaS) payroll and payroll-tax filing process for small businesses interested in outsourcing their payroll. On February 9, 2011, Paychex acquired SurePayroll. The company remains headquartered in Glenview, Illinois.
Scott Wald founded SurePayroll in Highland Park, Illinois in January 2000. Michael Alter joined the company in 2000 as the vice president of Business Development and Marketing and became president in January 2004.
On December 9, 2010, Paychex announced its intention to acquire SurePayroll. The acquisition was completed on February 9, 2011, for $115 million cash. SurePayroll now serves approximately 30,000 customers.
SurePayroll debuted as the first online payroll service to pay and file its customers’ payroll taxes . The SurePayroll process involves entering payroll data into the SurePayroll Web site, allowing the SurePayroll Web site to perform the proper calculations, and the customer to approve the payroll. Customers can expedite the process with SurePayroll's patent-pending One-Click Technology. In December 2009, SurePayroll launched its Mobile Payroll iPhone app, allowing SurePayroll customers to process payroll on their iPhones, iPod touches, or iPads. The app is free to current SurePayroll customers . Its most recent update is version 2.1.2 .
Small Business Analysis
Since June 2006, SurePayroll conducts Main Street Insights™ — a monthly survey on various topics including the economy, nation, and other small business interests — among randomly selected customers. Results are released to the media. SurePayroll also produces the Small Business Scorecard on a monthly basis. Alter analyses all SurePayroll customers' payrolls run every month and shares his thoughts on the state of the small business economy. Writers from The Wall Street Journal, The Chicago Tribune, and USA Today have interviewed Alter about the data and his interpretations. Correspondents from CNN, CNBC, Bloomberg Television , Fox Business News and other television outlets have also interviewed Alter.
- 2011 Stevies for National Sales Team of the Year
- 2010 CPA Technology Advisor Accounting Technology Innovation Award
- 2009 Stevies for Customer Service Department of the Year
- 2009 Stevies for eCommerce Customer Service Department of the Year
- 2009 SoftwareCEO Software Innovations Awards Winner
- 2009 and 2008 Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest to Work For
- 2008 Chicago Innovation Awards
- PC Magazine Editors' Choice
- A rating from Better Business Bureau
- Inc. 500 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Accounting Today Top 100 Product for Accountants
- "Article: SurePayroll.com Offers Economical Payroll System. | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy". AccessMyLibrary. 2000-09-01. http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-28607069_ITM. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "From fifth hire to top exec, new CEO to lead SurePayroll | Crain's Chicago Business". Chicagobusiness.com. 2003-12-15. http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?article_id=20979. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "FPaychex Announces Acquisition of SurePayroll". 2010-12-09. http://finance.bnet.com/bnet/news/read?GUID=15966562. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "SurePayroll bought by rival Paychex for $115M". 2010-12-13. http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20101213/NEWS07/101219971/surepayroll-bought-by-rival-paychex-for-115m. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "SurePayroll is Open For Business | Media Release". http://www.surepayroll.com/spsite/press/releases/2000/release061500.asp. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "SurePayroll Announces SureAdvisor(TM) HR Resource Center". Newsblaze.com. 2007-02-05. http://newsblaze.com/story/2007020514170002131.mwir/topstory.html. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "SurePayroll launches iPhone app for small business owners - Mobile Commerce Daily - Applications". Mobile Commerce Daily. 2009-12-09. http://www.mobilecommercedaily.com/surepayroll-launches-iphone-app-for-small-business-owners/. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "SurePayroll - Mobile Payroll for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store". http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/surepayroll-mobile-payroll/id340079566?mt=8. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Media Releases | SurePayroll's Insight Into the World of American Small Business". SurePayroll. http://www.surepayroll.com/spsite/press/survey.asp. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "PR Firms - Payroll Firm - SurePayroll Articles - The Wall Street Journal - January 30, 2006". Walkersands.com. 2006-01-30. http://www.walkersands.com/Wall-Street-Journal-January-30-2006.htm. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- Jones, Del (2007-11-13). "Straw poll: CEOs lean toward Giuliani". Usatoday.Com. http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2007-11-12-ceo-election_N.htm. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "Payroll | Payroll on the Web | Internet Payroll". SurePayroll. http://www.surepayroll.com/spsite/press/video/. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "2010 Innovation Awards Announced in L.A.". CPATechViews. 2010-06-10. http://www.cpatechviews.com/2010/06/2010-innovation-awards/. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "SurePayroll | Better Business Bureau Review | Glenview, IL". Bbb.org. http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/payroll-service/surepayroll-in-glenview-il-53000395. Retrieved 2010-06-30.