Supercar Robo is a fictional character from the Machine Robo series. He is a member of the Battle Clan who turns into a car. He was introduced as a toy in 1982, but did not appear in fiction until 1986.
Supercar Robo is a (sometimes) heroic member of the Battle Clan who turns into a car. Because of his mechanoid nature Supercar Robo does not need to breath oxygen and is resistant to cold, but is vulnerable to intense magnetic fields. There seem to be several of him running around.
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
Fifteen years before the Gandora invasion Battle Robo, Buggy Robo, Rury and Supercar Robo were students at a martial arts Dojo run by Rury's father when it was visited by Master Kirai Stol. These events are recalled by Rury in Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos episode 13, "Jet! Defeat the Double Death Blade!".
Supercar Robo first appeared in episode 10, "Defeat Bug, the User of Darkness!", where Supercar Robo were members of Bug Newman's bandit gang. When attacking Iron City the bandits were confronted by Rom Stol and friends. One Supercar Robo was killed by Bug with a single strike to demonstrate his deadly attack for Rom Stol.
Supercar Robo appeared in episode 11, "Pledging Love On the Great River". He joined in the Dakota rebellion against the Gandora after Vikung-Fu defeated Casmodon.
Supercar Robo was seen working as an orderly with Battle Robo at a hospital in episode 20, "The Man From Gandora". They responded when Ambulance Robo arrived at the hospital with the injured Devilrock Clay.
Supercar Robo was seen among the hypnotized population of the Cleo City in episode 21, "Angel of the Mind, Vikung-Fu - Protect".
In episode 28, "Tough Trailer - 10 Seconds to Detonation", New Bullet Train Robo, Porsche Robo and Supercar Robo helped in the defense of Yamilan City but were hit by missiles fired by Garudi lead Gandora forces while defending the city's master computer.
In episode 29, "Escape From the Underground - Pro Truck Racer Appears!", Supercar Robo was attacked by a aerial limpet mine in a Gandora attack on Yamalin city.
In episode 35, "The Secret of the Jewel People", Cessna Robo, Porsche Robo, Steam Robo and Supercar Robo received combat training from Bike Robo and Tough Trailer.
Porsche Robo and Supercar Robo were among the forces working with Rom Stol and his allies in episode 36, "Cannon Fury - Save Amberman". When Amberman summoned Rockdon it outclassed the smaller Machine Robo until it was matched in power by the combined might of the brothers Pro Truck Racer and Tough Trailer.
Magnarock, Rod Drill and Supercar Robo attended the ceremony announcing the new Land Commander 5 team in episode 37, "Critical Moment - Land Commander 5", attacking Yamalin City.
Supercar Robo appeared at the Battle Base when it was attacked lightning storms sent by the Gandora in episode 39, "Full Power, Wheelman!".
In episode 43, "Mighty Fortress, Heavenly Sword - Jet Don't Die!" the Battle Base was launched in pursuit of the Varigale-X and then attacked the Gandora mothership. Manning the Battle Base was Bike Robo, Diaman, Kendo Robo, Jeep Robo, Judo Robo, Mixer Robo, Missile Tank Robo, Patrol Car Robo, Porsche Robo, Supercar Robo and Trailer Robo.
Note: The Supercar Robo body type is seen on several different characters on Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos. Which appearances represent the same Supercar Robo is left vague.
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers
Supercar Robo appeared in Machine Robo: Battle Hackers episode 1, "Burning Electronic Planet".
Supercar Robo appeared in episode 2, "Jet Riser - Emergency Departure".
Supercar Robo and Highway Robo appeared together in episode 4, "The Strongest Warrior - R Jetan".
- Bandai Machine Robo MR-07 Supercar Robo (1982)
- A new mold. Turns from robot to cement mixing truck. This toy was recolored into GoBots 07 Turbo by Tonka.
- The design for the Supercar Robo toy was done by Katsushi Murakami of Popy, and filed as a US patent in 1982.
- Bandai Machine Robo Best 5 MR-07 Supercar Robo (1983)
- A 5-pack that contained yellow recolor of Supercar Robo.
- Bandai Machine Robo MRB-11 Supercar Robo (1986)
- A release of Supercar Robo for Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos.
- Action Toys Machine Robo Gokin Series MRG-07 Supercar Robo (unreleased)
- A new mold with a new name. Turns from robot to car. Comes with two guns and a stand.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guSI9RDkj2w
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gQkiTKz3LI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phieDPU2uPw
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL3hiBcidG8
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHSyadPyZc
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhrOBGF2tDI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKAsVIxzQG0
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7MfseJCWXw
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypcVtqlMamw
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNzpgqkjIZo
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_O9I8iGeRs
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YndUOYqewjc
- ↑ https://www.google.com/patents/USD279307?dq=inassignee:%22Kabushiki+Kaisha+Popy%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCgZmyte7PAhWCzz4KHQm6CZAQ6AEIHjAA
- 1982 toys
- 1983 toys
- 1986 toys
- Action Toys
- Battle Clan
- Fictional automobiles
- Fictional characters with oxygen independence
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional martial artists
- Fictional robots
- Fictional shapeshifters
- Machine Robo
- Machine Robo: Battle Hackers characters
- Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos characters
- Unreleased toys