Steal the Metal Laster!
Steal the Metal Laster! is the third episode of the animated television series Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos, which was broadcast on July 24th, 1986 in Japan.
The Devil Satan 6 attack the village of Achibuski looking for the Metal Laster. The townspeople claim they don't know what that is and are beaten. Meanwhile, Rom's party stops when a hungry Drill sets off to find some food. He gets falls in an acid swamp when collecting apples. The others save him but the acid causes his body to start to rust, and there are no rivers near by to wash the acid from his body. Jet sets off to find help. In Achibuski, one of the inhabitants admits the Metal Laster is in the village of Vira. Jet finds a well in a deserted Vira to clean Drill, and the rest soon join him. However, the locals appear and tell them not to enter, having mistaken them for those who attacked Achibuski. Just as Rom's party reluctantly leaves the Devil Satan 6 arrive and take a female villager named Min hostage.
The Devil Satan 6 beat Rom and Jet before the village chief tells them he knows of the location of the Laster, threatening to kill himself and take the secret with him unless they stop. An uneasy peace is made, allowing Rom and Jet to recover. However, the well doesn't help Drill, and they realize he needs the Metal Laster himself. Min, the daughter of the chief, offers to help them find it, showing Rom and Jet a map in her necklace. The chief meanwhile has led the Devil Satan 6 to a cave in Wolf Valley where the Laster is kept and takes Gillhead inside to show him. Gillhead takes the Laster, but is attacked by Rom and Jet. Rom summons Blade Dragon and retakes the Laster but Devil Satan 6 combine and steal it back. Blade Dragon then turns into Vikung-Fu. He beats Devil Satan 6 with his Fire Chop but the Gandora still escape with the Metal Laster. They proudly present it to Gades, who realizes it is fake and throws it at them. Back in Vira the chief reveals they took a jar of acid water kept around for security reasons. The real Laster is used to save Drill while the others note how much the mouth of the cave looks like the Wolf Crest. As Rom and his friends leave Min invites him to return some time. He promises to return, which delights Min but upsets Reina.
|Rom Stol||Gurogiron||Vira Villagers|
|Devil Satan 6|
- Firsts: This is the first appearance of Min and Narum, who return in later episodes.
- The people of Achibuski seem to be from the Battle Clan, with helmeted heads and wheels on their shoulders. The people of Vira seem to be Cronos Clan, with human faces and no wheels.
- Both Battleflex and Triple Jim's car mode have winches with a cable and hook on them.
- Rod can smell romtro apples from amazing distances.
- Reina has keen hearing. She can hear Drill is in trouble long before Rom hears it.
- Rom uses his Lightning Kick attack to knock down the members of the Devil Satan Six one by one.
- Gillhead can block a crossbow bolt with the handle of his nun-chucks!
- Blade Dragon can spin the Wolf Sword over his head to create a Whirlwind of Truth attack.
- Vikung-Fu disperses Devil Satan 6 with a Fire Chop attack.
- Gades reduces the Devil Satan 6 to the lowest rank for their failure.
- Yuzuru Fujimoto, who voices Narum, was also the voice of Captain Archibald Witwicky in the 2007 Transformers film.
- The French dub of this episode was called "L'élixir Anti-Rouille", which means "The Anti-Rust Elixir".
- The Chinese release of this episode was called "防銹劑", which means "Rust Inhibitor".
- Some English subtitles call this episode "Obtain the Metal Raster" or "The Legendary Metal Raster".
- ↑ "Steal the Metal Laster!". Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos. July 24th, 1986. No. 3, season 1.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.