Staks is a Guardian GoBot who turns into a semi-truck. He calls himself "king of the road". He considers Leader-1 to be his "buddy". He should not be confused with the 1995 Transformers character Staxx or the 2014 X-Transbots character Stax.
Staks was named 13 on the list of "20 GoBots That Remind Us Why the GoBots Sucked So Incredibly Hard" by Rob Bricken on gizmodo.com in 2013.
Like most GoBots, Staks has numerous abilities because of his robotic body. He can survive in space and is super-humanly strong and tough. He can fly in robot mode and project energy blasts from his hands. His body heals quickly when supplied with energy. He can turn into a semi-truck.
In episode 49, "Fitor to the Finish", Zeemon took custody of the captured Renegade Fitor on GoBotron. Aiding Zeemon with the prisoner were the Guardian troopers Blaster, Dive-Dive, Heat Seeker, Night Ranger and Staks.
Staks appeared in episode 60, "Guardian Academy".
Staks was featured in the 2016 Ask Vector Prime story Echoes and Fragments, set during the events of The Transformers: The Movie. The manipulations of the evil Gong and Sideways resulted in various GoBots swapping places with characters during the events of that film. Bolt, Scratch, Dozer and Staks with power suits took the place of Grimlock, Slag, Sludge and Swoop in the story. During the battle for Guardian City they formed Courageous and faced Devastator.
Staks had a cameo in the Transformers Timelines 2016 story "High Noon", where Small Foot had a dream where she envisioned Staks and several of her other friends in peril. In this story Staks is form is depicted as a recolor of Generations Combiner Wars Optimus Prime with the head left in vehicle mode.
Staks appeared in the Transformers: Renegades Rhetoric episode 35 story "Trash and Treachery". In the story Pumper and Staks attended a global summit on pollution, where they were attacked by Zero and the Master Renegade.
- Tonka Super GoBots 23 Staks (1985)
- A reuse of the Machine Robo Big Trailer Robo toy. Turns from robot to semi-truck. Staks came with two rifles.
- Note that despite his appearance in the animated series using a Power Suit, the Staks toy is much too large to fit in any power suit toy.
- Tonka Super GoBots Staks Transport (1985)
- Staks was sold with a non-transforming trailer. Ths box art depicts him carrying Hans-Cuff, Sparky and Van Guard on the trailer.
- "Auto-Madic". Written by Mark Zaslove. Challenge of the GoBots. First-run syndication. November 23th, 1985. No. 33, season 1.
- Jim Sorenson (w). "Echoes and Fragments" Ask Vector Prime (February 10th, 2016), Fun Publications
- "Trash and Treachery". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegades Rhetoric. October 22nd, 1986/December 1st, 2015. No. 35, season 1.
- Daniel Arseneault ] (w), Nathan Jackson (p), Nathan Jackson (i), Arthur Kobalewscuy (col), Arthur Kobalewscuy (let), Colin Douglas (ed). "Lost World, Lost Mind" TFcon (July 26th, 2013), TFcon
- Staks toy review at Counter-X
- Staks in Challenge of the GoBots at Counter-X
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.