Rumble is a fictional character from the GoBots series introduced in 1985. He is usually depicted as a heroic and friendly messenger for the Guardian GoBots. Although the Renegade GoBots can also use Rumble Boomers, none have specifically been depicted in fiction.
Several Rumble Boomers appeared in episode 65 "Mission GoBotron" as part of the Guardian GoBot force acquiring materials to help build GoBotron.
A Guardian Rumble Boomer and Renegade Blast Boomer appeared together in a commercial for their toys. The commercial incorrectly depicted Rumble with Blast's red message ball, and vice versa.
In the story Cultural Appropriation by Fun Publications it was revealed that large numbers of Guardian and Renegade weapons, including Rumble units, remain on Level 1 while the various GoBot and Rock Lord teams explore other Levels.
The Fun Publications stories describe Rumble Boomers as a drone mostly used by the Guardians. They are more heavily armored, but with less firepower than the Blast models usually used by the Renegades. Rumble Boomers are often seen defending the GoBotron Fortress.
- Tonka GoBots 7246 Boomer Rumble (1985)
- Shares a mold with Blast. Turns from motorized armored transport to robot. Comes with a yellow message ball. Takes 2 C cell batteries.
- Unlike many of the other GoBots toys, Blast and Rumble were designed by Tonka, not imported from Bandai.
- Boomers appeared in the 1985 Consumers catalog with a suggested price of $15.95, but on sale for $13.97.
- "The Hawks of Space". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. September 24, 1986 & September 25, 1986/October 19th, 2015. No. 7 & 8, season 1.
- "Six Heads Are Better Than One". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. December 8th, 1986/December 17th, 2015. No. 59, season 1.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.