Rock Lords Coloring Book
This book is broken apart into 3 sections. First is a welcome to the planet Quartex and its inhabitants. Second is a story called "The Battle at Stonehead". Third "Color For the Gold" contest.
In The Battle at Stonehead Magmar sends Tombstone to kidnap Marbles. Boulder tricks them into kidnapping a transformed Granite instead, who lies to them with false visions. Boulder's team seemingly defeats Marmar and takes over Stonehead Fortress.
|Boulder's tribe||Magmar's tribe||Others|
|Marbles||Magmar||Dead City Lizard|
|Solitaire||Narligator||Evil Aquatic Rock|
|Granite||Sticks 'N Stones||Flying Claw Rocksaur|
- No writer or artist is credited for this book.
- Numerous facts appear in this book which are unique in Rock Lords fiction. Some of these include:
- Marbles is depicted as carrying a shield in one illustration.
- The planet Quartex has no night. The life forms on Quartex are not considered "organic".
- Stonehead Fortress is guarded by evil Rocknarlies. Depicted are a Narligator and Narlizard. Narligator has a tuft of fur on the tip of his tail
- Rockasaurs eat metal and rock.
- When Magmar claps his hands or stamps his feet he creates an earthquake and bolts of lightning.
- Tombstone can spin at incredible speed. His Reaper weapon fires beams from the two barrels on the top.
- Stoneheart can generate freezing cold with his touch.
- Sticks 'N Stones is described as a two-headed giant, and is depicted as full head taller than Tombstone. His name is parsed as "Sticks & Stones" and as "Sticks and Stones" in the book.
- The book also refers to the people of Quartex as "rock people" and Magmar's tribe as "evil lords".
- Slimestone is a robot.
- Brimstone breathes fire and generates rock-melting heat when angered.
- Crackpot can mimic the voices of other rock creatures. The text refers to him as a "wild and crazy guy", which, including his ability to imitate voices, is probably a nod to comedian Steve Martin.
- Despite most characters having toy-accurate weapons, Boulder is depicted with a short sword instead of his "Power Sword" rifle.
- Granite can transform his appearance. In the story he becomes a copy of Marbles.
- Solitaire collects jewels and has her own Rock Pot vehicle.
- Although the welcome to Quartex depicts the Spike Stone and Terra-Roc as the Rockasaurs, two new Rockasaurs, looking like a gigantic monstrous armadillo and clawed bird, appear in the story. In addition a small normal looking lizard and "evil aquatic rock" make appearances.
- Rock Lords Coloring Book. Golden. 1986.