Offroad is a fictional character in the Transformers series. He is an evil Decepticon extreme conditions warfare expert who is part of the Stunticons combiner team, taking the place of Wildrider.
Offroad can form an arm or leg of most Combiner Wars style combiners, but his usual placement is as the left leg of Menasor. He can also help form Wreckage. In one BMOG Toys comic Offroad helped form Galvatronus, where he was the right leg.
The newest member of the Stunticons is pressed into action on missions his teammates want no part of, giving him the opportunity to show off his extreme-conditions combat training. It's dirty work in the most dangerous situations, but it's the only way he'll win his teammates' trust.
Decepticon Operational Status Update, reported by Soundwave: Decepticon Off Road is the newest member of the Stunticons, and whilse he's a “necessary evil” for the Stunticons to combine into their gestalt form, the rest of the crew aren't sure they totally trust their new teammate. Exuding complete confidence and deadly charisma, he stalks his opponents with unyielding tenacity. His fighting style is exacting as it is ruthless, spinning his Energon hatchet to deliver terrible damage with frightening efficiency. His vehicle mode lives up to his namesake, just as comfortably tearing down the highway as turning directly out of it. With fellow Stunticons, forms Menasor.
Conclusion: Combat Approved and endorsedHistory (extracted from compulsory biographical download): Decepticon Off Road was handpicked by Motormaster to replace a fallen Stunticon. The other teammates have been slow to accept him, mainly since he was instantly at ease in his new role. Even worse, why has he chosen to emulate the colors of the fallen Stunticon? Is that tribute or sacrilege? Only Decepticon Offroad knows for sure. Forms either an arm or a leg of Menasor, the combined form of the Stunticons.
Offroad appeared in several BMOG Toys comics. Offroad was embarrassed his Energon hatchet was identical to that used by Ironhide. So Offroad obtained a M.A.U.L.-48 assault rifles and anti-protonic missile launcher from Ursenal and serrator axe from Mant-Axe, while Ironhide obtained two rifles and two missile launchers from Cobiak.
When Sunstreaker appeared in combat with a helipack made from Cobiak, Deep Blue, Mant-Axe and Ursenal and two rifles from Cobiak, Offroad responded with an anti-aircraft gun made of pieces of Peg-Paw Plundor and Dread Pickaxe Raybot.
Offroad was part of the Galvatronus combiner. Galvatronus deserved a big weapon in battle, so he carried the Obliteration Cannon made of parts of Cobiak, Deep Blue, Mant-Axe and Ursenal. He also carried an axe from Dread Pickaxe Raybot, a rifle and scanner from Peg-Paw Plundor, a serrator axe from Mant-Axe and a plutonium rifle from Bearium.
Offroad first appeared in a story called "First Contact" from IDW Publishing The Transformers vol. 2 #39. After a particularly humiliating defeat resulted in Wildrider leaving the Stunticons, Offroad was brought in to replace him. As the Stunticons were explaining to him how they operated, they were approached by Swindle, who piqued their interest by showing them that he had with him the Enigma of Combination. After using the Enigma to upgrade Menasor, the Stunticons combined (with Offroad forming the left leg), and accompanied Swindle to the colony world of Caminus, preparing to bring destruction down upon its people.
Offroad continued to appear in the IDW Publishing stories as part of Menasor. In The Transformers: Windblade vol. 2 #1 Menasor was defeated by Superion.
In The Transformers vol. 2 #41 Stunticons and Swindle were incarcerated in Starscream's secret prison. Swindle broke the Stunticons out and they formed Menasor again.
In The Transformers: Windblade vol. 2 #3 Menasor was subsequently defeated by Defensor.
Offroad appears in the games Transformers Legends, Transformers: Battle Tactics and Transformers: Devastation.
- Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Decepticon Offroad (2015)
- Turns from robot to pickup truck or becomes an arm or leg. Comes with a gun that turns into a combiner mode hand or foot, and an Energon hatchet.
- He comes packed with either a collector card or a repaint of IDW Publishing The Transformers: Robots in Disguise #14 with Offroad on the cover and appearing in an extended biography, even though Offroad didn't appear in the story in that comic.
- This toy was recolored into Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Grabuge and Unite Warriors Deluxe Zombie Breakdown. He was remolded and recolored into Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe First Aid, Ironhide and Trailbreaker, as well as the BotCon 2016 customization class figure Ratchet/Medix.
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/610630235614871/photos/a.681287761882451.1073741832.610630235614871/1114709991873557/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/610630235614871/photos/a.681287761882451.1073741832.610630235614871/1114709995206890/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/610630235614871/photos/a.681287761882451.1073741832.610630235614871/1116210091723547/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/610630235614871/photos/a.681287761882451.1073741832.610630235614871/1116219608389262/?type=3&theater
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.