|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Magnum is a member of the Autobot High-Council in charge of military affairs. He created the Autobot Elite Guard. He turns into a road hauler.
In "Wings of Honor" Magnum ordered the crew of the Autobot ship Eight Track to recover a secret cargo from the Decepticons. When the mission was completed he appointed the Eight Track crew as the first members of the Elite Guard. 
In "The Coming Storm" The Elite Guard Alpha Team and Strike Team did battle against a horde of ferrovorous bugs in one of Cybertron's city-states. Magnum ordered the Strike Team to escort the Alpha Team to Space Port Bravo for their next mission. The Strike Team reported to Magnum and Sentinel Major, who introduced them to the new Elite Guard Special-Ops Team, also called the Combaticons.
In "Battle Lines" Thunderclash's Elite Guard squad reported to Magnum after the Combaticons killed most of the Guard. They attempted to show the Council that the Elite Guard was still functional, but arrived just as Optimus Prime was appointed the new commander of the Autobots.  Magnum is among the Autobots present when Megatron attacks Iacon with his new weapon, Devastator.
- Forest Lee & Rik Alvarez (w), Guido Guidi & Dan Khanna (p), Guido Guidi & Josh Warner (i), Thomas Deer & Josh Perez (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair & Brian Savage (ed). "Wings of Honor" Transformers Timelines v2, 4 (Spring 2009), Fun Publications
- Jesse Wittenrich & Pete Sinclair (w), Dan Khanna (p), Frank Milkovich (i), Thomas Deer (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair (ed). "The Coming Storm: Part 2" The Transformers Collectors Club 32 (April/May 2010), Fun Publications
- Jesse Wittenrich (2010). Flames of Yesterday. Illustrators Andrew Griffith and Jesse Wittenrich. Fun Publications.
- Pete Sinclair (February/March 2011). "Battle Lines: Part 1". Transformers Collectors Club Magazine 1 (37): 9–14.
- Pete Sinclair & Jesse Wittenrich (October/November 2011). "Battle Lines Part 5". Transformers Collectors Club Magazine 1 (41): 10-15.