|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Lander is a fictional character from the Transformers series. He should not be confused with Landmine, a character who has an identical toys.
Transformers: Generation 1
As a ground tank, Lander can reach speeds exceeding 400 km/h. In his human guise he is an automotive planner from New York. He is skilled at land attacks and is the physically strongest Autobot Pretender. His opposite number if the Decepticon Pretender Dauros.
In Transformers: Super-God Masterforce series Lander was one of the Autobot Pretenders under Metalhawk. Lander was depicted as being able to drive over water and sideways on buildings. In robot mode his left hand could retract and launch knock-out gas.
Lander is very well adapted to his life as a human, and seems to enjoy fitting in as one. He wears glasses, even though he probably doesn't need them, collects wine, goes on dates to concerts, and seems to revel in being a human more than any other Pretender.
In the Transformers: Zone animation Lander was seen among other high-ranking Autobots (such as Road Caesar, Grand Maximus, Metalhawk, Landcross, and the Autobot Godmasters) when Dai Atlas is sworn-in by Victory Saber as the new Supreme Commander of the Autobot forces.
- Generation 1 Pretender Lander (1988)
- This toy was identical to the U.S. toy Landmine.
- ↑ Jim Sorenson & Bill Forster (July 22, 2008). Transformers: The Ark II. IDW Publishing. pp. 100–101. ISBN 978-1-60010-180-9.
- ↑ http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http://www.geocities.com/oblivionsgallery13/techsmasterforce.html&date=2009-10-25+23:54:38
- ↑ Alvarez, J.E. (2001). The Unofficial Guide to Japanese and International Transformers. Schiffer Publishing Ltd.. p. 38. ISBN 0-7643-1282-0.