Land Commander 5
Land Commander 5 is a fictional character from the Machine Robo series introduced in 1986. He is the combined form of the Command Tank and four Powersuits.
Land Commander 5 is a powerful weapon of the Battle Clan. He formed by the merging of the Command Tank with the four Powersuits. It can fly and teleport. It stands 19 feet tall and weighs 23.5 tons. He should not be confused with Battle Armor 5, a similar combiner.
The first team of Land Commander 5 pilots was:
The second team of pilots was:
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
Land Commander 5 first appeared in Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos episode 25, "Scramble! Land Commander 5". Bike Robo was the leader of the Land Commander 5 team at Yamilan City. Like his team-mates Ambulance Robo, Jeep Robo, Patrol Car Robo and Shuttle Robo, he was initially arrogant and dismissive of Rom Stol. When Patrol Car Robo of the Land Commander 5 team was injured, Rod took his place as the pilot of the P3 suit. They teamed up with Vikung-Fu in defending the city from a Gandora attack.
The Land Commander 5 team appeared in episode 26, "Crossrock's Great Promise" where they aided Vikung-Fu in battle against Devil Satan 6.
The Land Commander 5 team appeared in episode 27, "The Magic Mountain Knight Maskrock". In the episode the team was part of a Yamilan City volunteer group lead by Rom Stol that went to retrieve the Metal Laster cure for Gandora rust poison gas which has effected Reina and some school children.
Land Commander 5 appeared in episode 29, "Escape From the Underground - Pro Truck Racer Appears!". They teamed up with the Rock People to aid Rom Stol's forces against Gandora magnetic mines.
The Land Commander 5 team appeared in episode 30 "Spew Fire, Big Blaze Cannon" where they volunteered to be part of a rescue group looking for Rod Drill, Pro Truck Racer, Reina Stol and Tough Trailer, but Rom preferred to let Blackbird Robo discover her location first.
In episode 37, "Critical Moment - Land Commander 5", five Machine Robo were selected to be the new team piloting Land Commander 5. The new team was comprised of Ambulance Robo, Fire Robo, Missile Tank Robo, Porsche Robo and Shuttle Robo. Porsche Robo was made the pilot of the Command Tank. After repulsing a Gandora attack on the Battle Base the Land Commander 5 team battled the possessed Rockgilan. 
Land Commander 5 fought in the final attack on the Gandora in episode 44, "Cronos' Last Battle".
Note: In the series Land Commander 5 speaks with the voice of whoever pilots the command tank, which is usually Bike Robo or Porsche Robo. The robots in his limbs often are invisible.
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers
Command Tank appeared driving in Machine Robo: Battle Hackers episode 3, "Heavy Wind Mach Blaster".
Land Commander 5 appeared in episode 5, "Crystal Eavesdropping Strategy".
- Bandai Machine Robo MRB Land Commander 5 (1986)
- A new mold by Bandai. Robot turns into a tank and four powersuits.
- This toy was to be recolored into GoBots Nemesis.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F7ebd4pUiE
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE3NLY-Yki4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHSyadPyZc
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NhmiBCNDe8
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKAsVIxzQG0
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-r3BK3wqAk
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFpgUDr8OpA
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9t3MIYjVqk
- 1986 toys
- Bandai toys
- Battle Clan
- Combined forms
- Fictional characters who can fly
- Fictional characters who can teleport
- Fictional characters with oxygen independence
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional giants
- Fictional robots
- Fictional tanks
- Land Commander 5
- Machine Robo
- Machine Robo: Battle Hackers characters
- Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos characters