Jeep Robo is a fictional character from the Machine Robo series introduced in 1983. He is a heroic Battle Clan warrior who is part of the Land Commander 5 team.
Jeep Robo is a member of the Battle Clan who turns into a green military Jeep J57. Because of his mechanoid nature Jeep Robo does not need to breath oxygen and is resistant to cold, but is vulnerable to intense magnetic fields. His weapon of choice is his Ionoid Molecular Disintegration Gun. He also sometimes pilots the MRP2 Powersuit, which increases his strength by three times, allows him to fly and has enhanced radio capability. It also allows him to become part of Land Commander 5.
In 1985 Pepsi Cola had a promotion where you could get a "Convert-Able" toy by sending in $1, three proofs of purchase from a Pepsi product and 50 cents shipping. One of the toys you could get was Imperial Toys "Convert-A-Jeep", who was the same design as Jeep Robo.
Geeper Creeper was number 8 among the "The Ten Best GoBots Ever Produced!" by Gnoll at dorkdroppings.com in 2015.
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
In Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos episode 19, "Race to the Death!", Jeep Robo first appeared when he took part in the race at Momo.
Jeep Robo was among the hypnotized population of the Cleo City in episode 21, "Angel of the Mind, Vikung-Fu - Protect".
Jeep Robo appeared among the injured who helped defend the city from a Gandora attack in episode 24, "Gather All Machine Robo". Reina Stol attended his wounds.
Jeep Robo appeared in episode 25, "Scramble! Land Commander 5". He joined the Land Commander 5 team under the command of Bike Robo at Yamilan City. Like his team-mates he was initially arrogant and dismissive of Rom Stol and his friends, believing that nothing could stand up to Land Commander 5 in combat.
The Land Commander 5 team appeared in episode 26, "Crossrock's Great Promise" where they aided Vikung-Fu in battle against Devil Satan 6.
The Land Commander 5 team appeared in episode 27, "The Magic Mountain Knight Maskrock". In the episode the team was part of a Yamilan City volunteer group lead by Rom Stol that went to retrieve the cure for Gandora rust poison gas which has effected Reina and some school children.
Land Commander 5 appeared in episode 29, "Escape From the Underground - Pro Truck Racer Appears!". They teamed up with the Rock People to aid Rom Stol's forces against magnetic mines.
The Land Commander 5 team appears in episode 30 "Spew Fire, Big Blaze Cannon" where they volunteered to be part of a rescue group looking for Rod Drill, Pro Truck Racer, Reina Stol and Tough Trailer, but Rom preferred to let Blackbird Robo discover her location first.
In episode 35, "The Secret of the Jewel People", Jeep Robo appears outside the Battle Base.
Blackbird Robo, Blue Jet, Jeep Robo, Magnarock, Maskrock, Rod Drill, Supercar Robo and Triple Jim attended the ceremony announcing the new Land Commander 5 team in episode 37, "Critical Moment - Land Commander 5", attacking Yamalin City.
Jeep Robo appeared in episode 42, "Vikung-Fu - Cry of Anger" where he donned his Powersuit and helped back Vikung-Fu in a battle against the Gandora.
In episode 43, "Mighty Fortress, Heavenly Sword - Jet Don't Die!" the Battle Base was launched in pursuit of the Varigale-X and then attacked the Gandora mothership. Manning the Battle Base was Bike Robo, Diaman, Kendo Robo, Jeep Robo, Judo Robo, Mixer Robo, Missile Tank Robo, Patrol Car Robo, Porsche Robo, Supercar Robo and Trailer Robo.
Amberman, Eagle Robo, Jeep Robo, Patrol Car Robo, Porsche Robo, Pro Truck Racer and Tough Trailer are among those who leave Chronos in ships at the end of the series in episode 44, "Cronos' Last Battle".
Note: Several identical looking Jeep Robo characters appear in episodes of the series together. Which appearances are which of these characters is uncertain. Jeep Robo voice actor Katsumi Suzuki has also played the voices of Generation 1 Transformers characters Rumble, Streak and Wheeljack.
Machine Robo: Battle Hackers
Jeep Robo appeared in Machine Robo: Battle Hackers episode 1, "Burning Electronic Planet".
Jeep Robo appeared in episode 3, "Heavy Wind Mach Blaster".
Jeep Robo, Missile Tank Robo and Rod Drill appeared in episode 4, "The Strongest Warrior - R Jetan".
Jeep Robo and Rod Drill appeared in episode 5, "Crystal Eavesdropping Strategy".
- Bandai Machine Robo MR-28 Jeep Robo (1983)
- A new mold. Turns from robot to Jeep J57. Comes with a gun and stickers.
- This toy was released as GoBots Geeper-Creeper by Tonka.
- Bandai Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos MRB-10 Jeep Robo (1986)
- A release of Jeep Robo for the Revenge of Cronos line.
- ↑ http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1988&dat=19851026&id=gGkiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=EKsFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3122,5159179
- ↑ http://dorkdroppings.com/?p=1957
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gExblshJIk
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8IBCyomtYY
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VopvZQGqBG8
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F7ebd4pUiE
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdfH_Q7ek68
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE3NLY-Yki4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHSyadPyZc
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NhmiBCNDe8
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhrOBGF2tDI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKAsVIxzQG0
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbNud7ajo4c
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypcVtqlMamw
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-r3BK3wqAk
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMPVgDDw8Y8
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFpgUDr8OpA
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YndUOYqewjc
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9t3MIYjVqk
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.
- 1983 toys
- 1986 toys
- Battle Clan
- Fictional automobiles
- Fictional characters introduced in 1983
- Fictional characters who can fly
- Fictional characters with oxygen independence
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional robots
- Fictional shapeshifters
- Land Commander 5
- Machine Robo
- Machine Robo: Battle Hackers characters
- Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos characters