Gunrunner is the name of two fictional characters from the Transformers series. The first Gunrunner was an Autobot Pretender released in the US 1989. The second was an Autobot Micromaster released in Japan in 1990.
Groundbreaker is a Pretender Autobot who turns into a jet. He has a Pretender vehicle shell which is an armored all-terrain-vehicle. He is very brave inside his shell, but insecure outside it.
Gunrunner didn't appear until after the Transformers animated series ended in the US so he didn't appear in the series. He wasn't released in Japan, so he didn't appear in the Japanese Masterforce series either. His only animated appearance was in the commercial for his toy.
Gunrunner did not appear in any fiction from Dreamwave Productions, but did get a biography in their Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye biography series.
Gunrunner's first non-speaking cameo was in Stormbringer #1 by IDW Publishing working in the Autobot Orbital Command Hub.
He next appeared in The Transformers Spotlight for Optimus Prime where he was sent in to help recover Omega Supreme after Monstructor was defeated.
Gunrunner was on the Autobot Orbital Command Hub in The Transformers Spotlight for Blaster. He was present when Blaster was recovered and returned to the Autobots.
Gunrunner has not displayed a Pretender shell in any of his appearances in the IDW comics.
- Hasbro Transformers Pretender Vehicle Gunrunner (1989)
- A new mold. Turns from robot to jet. Comes with a Pretender shell shaped like an armored car.
- Several parts for Gunrunner are available on Shapeways.
Gunrunner commands the Landshaker ATV.
- Takara Transformers Micromaster Gunrunner (1990)
- Unrelated to the first Gunrunner, a second character bearing that name was released in 1990 exclusive to Japan by Takara named Gunrunner. This toy is a redeco of the Micromaster Roadhandler who pilots the Landshaker vehicle, which is identical to that of the Hasbro Micromaster vehicle Groundshaker.