After graduating from Simon Fraser University Chu worked as an analyst, in banking, for four years, prior to opening the Atelier Grandi, in 2014. Her designs have been exhibited around the world, and on the cover of magazines like Vogue UK and Glamour.
In 2018 Joanne Shurvell, writing in Forbes magazine, listed Chu as one of Six New Designers To Watch at Tokyo's Fashion Week. She described Chu's designs as having "a pop art crossed with Chinoiserie feel".
- "featuring Atelier GRANDI". Italian Day. Archived from the original on 2021-01-25. https://web.archive.org/web/20210125211639/https://www.italianday.ca/attractions/piazza-moda-fashion-show-music-stage/. Retrieved 2021-05-09. "For Italian Day 2019, Atelier GRANDI, a Vancouver-based luxury womenswear collection designed by Grandy Chu, will be walking the runway."
- Emma Chen (2020-08-31). "Grandy Chu 创造时尚 玩乐设计 [Grandy Chu creates fashion and playful design]" (in Chinese). Lahoo. Archived from the original on 2021-05-10. https://web.archive.org/web/20210510011940/https://lahoo.ca/2020/08/31/21603. Retrieved 2021-05-09. "Atelier Grandi 这个品牌蕴涵着欧式神秘与优雅的气质，完全看不出设计师 Grandy Chu 生于一个传统的华裔移民家庭。从小被当作钢琴家来培养的 Grandy 散发着艺术家的气质，让人错以为她毕业于音乐系或者某个艺术学科。但令人跌破眼镜的是，Grandy 毕业于 SFU 经济系，并且在 TD 银行从事了四年的经济咨询工作。Grandy 说道：“我不希望我喜爱的音乐被当作未来事业一样去被训练，大学中，我希望尝试与音乐完全不一样的学科。”"
- Aleesha Harris (2019-03-12). "Q&A: Vancouver Fashion Week kicks off with designer showcase, gala". Vancouver Sun. Archived from the original on 2019-03-17. https://web.archive.org/web/20190317090611/https://vancouversun.com/life/fashion-beauty/qa-vancouver-fashion-week-kicks-off-with-designer-showcase-gala. Retrieved 2021-05-09. "As the designer and founder of the local atelier Grandi, she got her start showing her early designs during the event — and has since gone on to have her looks featured by international publications including Vogue UK and on red carpets at events such as the Academy Awards."
- Janet Smith (2019-06-05). "Italian Day 2019: Grandy Chu's Grandi line will rock the Piazza Moda stage". Georgia Straight. Archived from the original on 2020-08-13. https://web.archive.org/web/20200813141854/https://www.straight.com/life/1249596/italian-day-2019-grandy-chus-grandi-line-will-rock-piazza-moda-stage. Retrieved 2021-05-09. "Chu first got notice for her handcrafted creations at the 2014 Vancouver Fashion Week. Before that, she said goodbye to a job in the financial sector to pursue fine dressmaking and tailoring, eventually launching a blog called ADressAWeek.com in 2013, in which she documented her goal of creating one dress every seven days."
- Jusneel Mahal (2019-08-28). "Designers of the Year 2019: Ones to Watch: These rising stars are making waves in Western Canada's design scene.". Western Living magazine. Archived from the original on 2021-01-28. https://web.archive.org/web/20210128055321/https://www.westernliving.ca/Designers-of-the-Year-2019-Ones-to-Watch. Retrieved 2021-05-09. "For Chu—who has already caught the attention of Vogue and Glamour in the U.K. and dressed Oscars attendees—designing collections and individual pieces primarily for aesthetic purposes is “weary and uninteresting,” and so her pieces reach beyond to explore ideas of narrative."
- Joanne Shurvell (2018-10-29). "Six New Designers To Watch From Tokyo Fashion Week". Forbes magazine. Archived from the original on 2021-05-10. https://web.archive.org/web/20210510012356/https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanneshurvell/2018/10/29/six-new-designers-to-watch-from-tokyo-fashion-week/?sh=490d67bf1954. Retrieved 2021-05-09. "I was already a fan of the Canadian designer Grandy Chu's brand Atelier Grandi after seeing her attractive designs at Vancouver Fashion Week last year so it was good to seeing her showing in Tokyo."
- Malcolm Parry (2016-10-24). "Town Talk: Gift of Time gala raises $1.1 million for Canuck Place". Vancourver Sun. Archived from the original on 2020-12-12. https://web.archive.org/web/20201212031656/https://vancouversun.com/health/family-child/town-talk-gift-of-time-gala-raises-1-1-million-for-canuck-place. Retrieved 2021-05-09. "Fashion designer-manufacturer Grandy Chu was pictured in 2014 with Andrew Saxton, Jr. who will now seek the Conservative party leadership."
- Malcolm Parry (2017-11-03). "Town Talk: South Asian galas celebrate pioneering past and children's health future". Vancouver Sun. Archived from the original on 2018-01-11. https://web.archive.org/web/20180111185920/https://vancouversun.com/entertainment/festivals/town-talk-south-asian-galas-celebrate-pioneering-past-and-childrens-health-future. Retrieved 2021-05-09. "Former North Vancouver MP Andrew Saxton’s bid for the Conservative Party of Canada leadership fizzled with Andrew Scheer’s 13-ballot squeaker-win over Maxime Bernier. Odds improved when he popped the question to fashion designer-manufacturer Grandy Chu. No wedding date yet, but the size-zero Ms. Chu’s gown may be as conservative with material as the sequinned “Python” dress she made for the Polygon Gallery opening."