Galactic Warrior was a character in the Micronauts series. The depiction of Galactic Warrior has varied vastly from one fictional setting to another.
Mego released Galactic Warrior in 1976. He was also released by Airfix. He was release by Gig under the name Guerriero Galattico.
According to Bryan Wilkinson on Facebook, when Palisades Toys was first planning on Micronauts toys to release they had hoped to release Galactic Warrior in blue, green, red and gold. This release would possibly be done in plastic. This toy was never released by Palisades Toys.
Concept art for a new version of Galactic Warrior was done by Mike Bazzell as part of Palisades wave 3, although the figure was never produced.
Concept art for a new version of Galactic Warrior was done by Dave Waugh as part of Palisades wave 3, although the figure was never produced.
Derryl DePriest said at SDCC 2016 that the Micronauts Classic Collection toys were created using a combination of the 1970's molds recovered by Takara and various Microman parts.
1979 Marvel Comics
In the Marvel Comics Micronauts Bug was refereed to as the Galactic Warrior several times, although his design had no resemblance to Galactic Warrior and was based on the green Space Glider figure.
The design of Arcturus Rann was based on the blue Galactic Warrior figure wearing a Space Glider helmet and glider pack.
2018 Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space
Galactic Warriors are among the cast in the 2018 art series Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space by Brian Vox.
A green Galactic Warrior named Kha is one of the main heroes of the series. He is described as a "bad boy". Along with his standard Hand Bazooka weapon, Kha utilizes a GX-17 mid sized weapon and a prototype sidearm (design inspired by the blasters from Battlestar Galactica).
Issue 8 features a story centering on Kha and his showdown with Radon.
Kha appears on the covers of issue 1-3, 5, 8, 23, 25, 31, 36 and Annual 3.
Blue and red Galactic Warriors appear on the cover of annual 1 along with Kha.
Acroyear, Galactic Warrior, Space Glider and Time Traveler appeared in a 1976 Mego commercial together.
The Mego Hornetroid commercial featured Antron and Hornetroid attacking Galactic Warrior.
- Mego Micronauts Galactic Warrior (1976)
- A remold and recolor of a Microman toy. 1:18 scale. The missile was remolded from a small pointed plastic missile into large rubber tipped design.
- Available in red, blue and green. Came with chest piece, 2-part gun and 2 missiles. Each version came with a different chest piece.
- Airfix Micronauts Galactic Warrior
- Gig Micronauti Guerriero Galattico
- A release of the Mego toy in Italy by Gig with a new name.
- Hasbro Micronauts Classic Collection (2016)
- A SDCC 2016 exclusive box set containing a green plastic Galactic Warrior, a grey Orbital Defender (formerly called the Galactic Defender) and blue Pharoid with two winglets and Time Chamber.
- The Time Chamber featured the original Japanese writing.
- Features art by Ken Kelly. The box art for Pharoid features him wearing the larger wings from the Palisades version of Pharoid which were not part of this set.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.