Flareup is the name of several fictional characters in the various Transformers series. The name Flareup was adopted by Hasbro's legal department when they were unable to okay the use of Firestar.
Flareup was a student of the Autobot Firestar. 
According to the toy designers they originally planned for this character to be a new version of Generation 1 Firestar, but when that name was unavailable they called her Flareup and made her Firestar's student.
Flareup was named the 5th top unfortunately named Transformer by Topless Robot. 
Flareup first appears in the 2005 Botcon exclusive story "Descent into Evil". She is part of Ironhide's squad, sent to investigate Deathsaurus' attempts to clone an army of Insecticons. She and the other members of the squad are captured, but are rescued when backup arrives.
Flareup appears as a resident of Axiom Nexus in the 2008 BotCon voice actor play "Bee in the City", voiced by Anastasia Matejka. In this story Professor Sumdac attempts to create a teleportation system to get the Autobots to Cybertron, but an interaction with Sari Sumdac's key ends up transporting Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Sari to Transtech Cybertron, where they meet Flareup and are detained by Shockwave. Bumblebee teams up with Beast Wars Megatron to free his comrades, but then has to stop Megatron from taking the key for himself. Afterwards the Autobots and Sari return to their own dimension.
- Timelines Scout Flareup (2005)
- Flareup is a remold of Energon Arcee. She is an exclusive Transformers action figure, from the Hasbro Toy Company, available only at the Transformers Collectors Convention known as Botcon in 2005. This toy was originally intended to be released as Firestar, but Hasbro didn't allow the name to be used, so the toy was changed to a new character named Flareup. 
Flareup is a minor character in the Transformers Animated series. Susan Blu voices her in a southern accent, honoring Anastasia Matejka's rendition of the character. As a pun on her name, her lower legs resemble Flares.
Flareup first appeared in a crowd scene at the end of "Decepticon Air". She next appeared in "This is Why I Hate Machines", when Captain Fanzone was Transwarped to Cybertron. Disgusted by the organic creature, she urged Grandus to step on him.
Flareup appeared in the Transformers: Timelines story "The Stunt-Con Job". After the events of Transformers Animated Flareup attended the Stunt Convoy show given in former gladiatorial arena in Kaon.
- ↑ http://www.seibertron.com/database/character.php?char_id=3337
- ↑ Kevin Guhl (December 16th, 2009). "The 30 Most Unfortunately Named Transformers". http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/12/the_30_most_unfortunately_named_transformers.php.
- ↑ http://www.tfu.info/2005/Autobot/BCFlareup/flareup.htm
- ↑ Marty Isenberg, Derrick J. Wyatt & Matt Youngberg (w), Marcelo Matere (p), Marcelo Matere (i), Thomas Deer & Jesse Wittenrich (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair & Brian Savage (ed). ""The Stunt-Con Job"" Transformers: Timelines v2, 6 (Summer 2011), Fun Publications