Flarestrike is part of the Lost Protectors series. He is a member of the Striker Fleet and leads Cloudstrike and Faststrike in hunting down Jetstrike. He has powerful fire based powers, is immune to most fire and heat damage. He wears an Aegis armor which is capable of interplanetary flight thanks to its Cosmoglider wings, which can also be changed into Cosmoshield that can deflect almost any attack. His Battle Shroud mask protects his hearing and vision from overload by enemy attack. His weapons include a Strike Scepter and a Megaton Mace. He wears a Babel Bracer which translates all languages and Tachyon Telegraph which can send and receive transmissions with an interplanetary range.
He has a Tech Drone Squire named R-Tire to turns into a jet.
Flarestrike's design is based on the shape of Pretender Starscream, but with the colors of Sunstorm.
Art of Flarestrike was first displayed at Rhode Island Comic Con. 2014.
Flarestrike and Jetstrike were among the stretch goals for the Lost Protectors Kickstarter campaign. They were to be unlocked if the campaign raised at least $280,000. The head sculpts of Flarestrike and Jetstrike were also offered to supporters who pledged enough money. 
In June 2015 Play With This Too released renders of the Strike Scepter on their Facebook page.
In August 2015 Play With This Too released images of prototype parts for Jetstrike and a color render of Flarestrike, announcing it would be part of their second Kickstarter campaign.
Flarestrike was one of the ten initial figures available as a reward for the unsuccessful Boneyard & Jetstrike Action Figures Kickstarter campaign, which began in September 2015.
A 35mm figure and two Titan Master faces of Jetstrike were placed for sale on the Prize Inside Shapeways store in March 2017.
Mathew R. Ignash invented the title Regent of the Stellar Wave, named the Strike Scepter and suggested the name R-Actor for the Tech Drone who would become R-Tire.
The [email protected] podcast for November 1st, 2014 discussed the Ancient Astronaut, Bloodbath, Boneyard, Desolataur, Flarestrike, Jetwash and Head Shots Vol. 1 through 3 in the news. They said Xando looks like a G.I. Joe alien and talked about Aaron Archer and Simon Furman joining Play With This Too.
Rik Alvarez was interviewed by Charles and Candice in the November 25th, 2014 episode of the Super Epic Podcast Theater. In it they talk about Candice joining the Play With This Too team, her Head Shots and the art of Jetstrike she is doing. They mention the toys for Bitemark, Catastropheles, Flarestrike, and the Mighty Muscules.
Flarestrike is a member of the Striker Fleet. He wears a living Aegis battle suit powered by the primal forces of the universe. It grants him enhanced strength, durability, longevity and the ability the fly, as well as having numerous weapons. His suit also provides ultravioilet vision, breathable air and protection from harsh environmental conditions including under water and the vacuum of space. He has a Tech Drone squire named R-Tire who turns from robot to jet.
According to Faststrike's biography he joined Flarestrike's crusade to recapture Jetstrike and his comrads.
According to Jetstrike's biography no one has ever eluded Flarestrike's trackers, except Jetstike.
Flarestrike as a Hero System 4th edition role playing game character by Mathew Robert Ignash.
- Prize Inside Jetstrike, at attention, 35mm mini (2017)
- A 1:48 scale figure of Jetstrike by Prize Inside. Available on their Shapeways store in a variety of colors. This version of the figure has Boneyard style shoulder pads.
- Prize Inside Jetstike Human Face (Titans Return) (2017)
- A face for Titan Masters that looks like Jetstrike's human head in helmet by Prize Inside. Available on their Shapeways store in a variety of colors.
- Prize Inside Jetstike Robot Face (Titans Return) (2017)
- A face for Titan Masters that looks like Jetstrike's robot head by Prize Inside. Available on their Shapeways store in a variety of colors.
- Play With This Too Lost Protectors Flarestrike (unreleased)
- A 1:12 scale articulated figure with interchangeable head and limbs. He has numerous 5mm connector ports. Comes with three heads (human, and two armored), helmet, three sets of hands (open, closed and middle finger extended), two 3-piece laser cannons, two wings with connector joints, two 2-piece maces and two leg armor and two shoulder pads. He has a 5mm hole in the bottom of each foot.
- The Moon-Unit Head Shot is intended to go with the Flarestrike body.
- Flarestrike shares the same basic design as Cloudstrike, Faststrike, Jetstrike and Stormstrike.
- Flarestrike shares some parts with Barbaricles, Boneyard, Concept, Coleopterous, Gladiat-Ore, Impirator, Manvil Forgehead, Mean Bean Oaktree, Muscules, Rawbat, Sir Fangramore LeVenomous, Sir Pythanore, Stonebreaker, Viper Squire, Wastelander and Wrecktifier.
- The first Kickstarter campaign included his Tech Drone companion T-Rire, who turns into a jet. He has a 3mm hole in the bottom of each foot.
- Josh (November 1st, 2014). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Cybercast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGtpbT_sh7E.
- Vangelus (November 1st, 2014). "[email protected]". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/1008237-wtf-tfw-328-november-1-2014-a.html.
- Charles and Candice (November 25th, 2014). "Super Epic Podcast Theater". http://superepicpodcasttheater.podbean.com/ (Podcast). Podbean. http://superepicpodcasttheater.podbean.com/e/episode-7-play-with-this-podcast-too/#.VHTWPD_Yfd8.facebook.
- Mathew Robert Ignash (January 31st, 2015). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). RetroRobotRadio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iroqLWpxTs.