Keith's Fantasy Club
Flaptrap is a third-party Transformer homage to Generation 1 Wingthing created by Keith's Fantasy Club. He turns from bat to microcassette.
According to his tech spec numbers Flaptrap very intelligent and skilled. He also has greater than average courage. His strength, speed, endurance and firepower are below below average. His tech spec numbers are identical to Generation 1 Ratbat.
Keith's Fantasy Club announced Flaptrap, Justice Badbat and the Cassette Beast Cage as X-Mas 2013 exclusives in December 2013.
Flaptrap was released in January 2014.
The other Bat companion for Mugan Vox, Flaptrap has had something of a renaissance of late, updating from a limited concussion cannon gun mode to a much more threatening rectangle mode. The beauty of this is that he blends right in with Vox's other rectangle/beast companions. While Flaptrap is happier with his new alt. mode and position in Vox's beast harem an unfortunate side effect of his reformatting has left him with a permanent concussion. This is canon.
- Keith's Fantasy Club CST-07F Flaptrap (2014)
- A recolor of Badbat by Keith's Fantasy Club. Comes with case, collector card and instructions. The instructions with Flaptrap are copies of the instructions for Badbat.
- Flaptrap shares a mold with Justice Badbat.
- Flaptrap, Justice Badbat and the Cassette Beast Cage were sold as a set by most retailers.
- blunghole (December 23rd, 2013). "Good Morning, Cybertron!". https://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Morning-Cybertron/147383341975239 (Podcast). blunghole. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xk0b9PyVM.
- "KFCTOYS EAVY METAL Phase Four: A Transistor". Chi Soul Die (模魂志): p. 100-101. January 2015.