Defendor is a fictional character from the GoBots series introduced in 1985. He is a heroic Guardian GoBot who turns into a tank.
Like most GoBots, Defendor has numerous abilities because of his robotic body. He can survive in space and is super-humanly strong and tough. He can fly in robot mode and project energy blasts from his hands. His body heals quickly when supplied with energy. He can turn into a tank.
Defendor appeared in the Challenge of the GoBots episode 9 "The Fall of GoBotron". During Cy-Kill and the Master Renegade's assault on GoBotron, Defendor manned a gun turret along with Night Ranger.
Defendor appeared in episode 10 "Flight to Earth".
Defendor appeared in episode 11 "Return to GoBotron".
Defendor appeared in episode 15 "It's the Thought That Counts". He joined Blaster in guarding a UNECOM installation on Earth where upgrades to the Power Suit system were being tested.
Note: Because the episodes of Challenge of the GoBots were broadcast out of order Defendor's first appearance was in episode 15, which aired 2 months before episode 9.
In the story Cultural Appropriation by Fun Publications it was revealed that Beamer, Defendor, Destroyer, Flip Top, Guide Star, Mach-3, Sky Fly and Water Walk were sent to explore Level 63 when the Cataclysm threatened to destroy the GoBots home universe.
Defendor was featured in the 2016 Ask Vector Prime story Echoes and Fragments, set during the events of The Transformers: The Movie. The manipulations of the evil Gong and Sideways resulted in various GoBots, Rock Lords and Starriors swapping places with characters during the events of that film. Sideways made his was past Defendor and Van Guard at the entrance to old GoBotron when he sought out the Omega Lock.
Defendor appeared as the garrison commander of the GoBotron Fortress in the Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric episode 11 story "On the Rocks" by Fun Publications.
Defendor appeared in episode 22 story "GoBot Arena" where he battled the Renegade Destroyer.
Defendor was featured in episode 59 story "Six Heads Are Better Than One". Defendor and Good Knight were able to capture Rube before he joined with Puzzler team, leading the the defeat of the combiner.
- Tonka Super GoBots 031 Defendor (1985)
- A new mold. Turns from robot to Saladin Mk. II tank.
- Hasbro Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Deep Desert Brawl (2009)
- A recolor and remold of the 2007 Deluxe Brawl toy in desert camouflage colors. Comes with a missile.
- This toy was repurposed into the GoBot Defendor.
- ↑ Jim Sorenson (w). "Echoes and Fragments" Ask Vector Prime (February 10th, 2016), Fun Publications
- ↑ "On the Rocks". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 16, 1986/January 29th, 2016. No. 11, season 1.
- ↑ "GoBot Arena". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 3rd, 1986/October 17th, 2015. No. 22, season 1.
- ↑ "Six Heads Are Better Than One". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. December 8th, 1986/December 17th, 2015. No. 59, season 1.
- ↑ http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=450
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.
- 1985 toys
- 2009 toys
- Cataclysmverse characters
- Challenge of the GoBots characters
- Fictional characters who can fly
- Fictional characters who can project energy
- Fictional characters with healing factors
- Fictional characters with oxygen independence
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman longevity
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional shapeshifters
- Fictional tanks
- Fun Publications characters
- Guardian GoBots
- Hasbro toys
- Rhetoricverse characters
- Tonka toys