Chainclaw is the name of two fictional characters from the Transformers series. The original Chainclaw is a Generation 1 Autobot Pretender who turns into a bear, introduced in 1988. The second Chainclaw is the Mini-Con partner to Power Core Combiner Icepick, introduced in 2010.
Transformers: Generation 1
A ferocious warrior. Usually too busy worrying to fight. Always afraid his outer shell won't unlock, that his fuel might be low, that his joints are rusting or almost anything imaginable. Sometimes appears inoperative because he worries himself to a standstill. Outer shell is equipped with serrated thermal claws that can sear through metal like paper. In robot mode, armed with a double-barrelled, solid sonic energy blaster.
Chainclaw was named the 7th oddest thing that G1 Transformers transform into by Topless Robot.
Issue #248 of the Marvel UK Transformers comic featured a story called "Fallen Star", where Starscream began to doubt himself, despite being of the most powerful Transformers. Soundwave, Mindwipe and Weirdwolf feared Starscream would attack, but Starscream thought they were laughing at him behind his back. Leaving Starscream came across the Autobots Chainclaw, Cloudburst and Getaway, who were assigned by Optimus Prime to spy on him. Starscream soundly defeated all three Autobots and regained his self confidence.
Chainclaw had a biography printed in issue #1 of the Dreamwave Productions Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye series.
- Generation 1 Pretender Chainclaw (1988)
- A new mold.
Power Core Combiners
Chainclaw is the Mini-Con partner to the Decepticon Icepick.
Icepick believes that he represents the next generation of Decepticons. According to him, all those not gifted with the ability to combine are obsolete, and should be destroyed. He's willing to start with the Autobots, but he won't hesitate if an older Decepticon strays into his line of fire.
- Power Core Combiners Commander Icepick with Chainclaw (2010)
- A new mold. Chainclaw was recolored into Power Core Combiners Bomb-Burst and United Fracas.
- ↑ Ethan Kaye (March 23, 2011). "The 9 Oddest Things G1 Transformers Transformed Into". http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/03/the_9_oddest_things_g1_transformers_transformed_in.php.
- ↑ http://www.hasbro.com/common/documents/dad2d6781c4311ddbd0b0800200c9a66/D1A06B7419B9F36910208C8351FB90F6.pdf