Amberman is a fictional character from the Machine Robo series introduced in 1986. He is a heroic member of the Rock People who turns into an amber rock.
Amberman is a heroic member of the Rock People who turns into an amber rock. He is often associated with the two other Jewel People, Diaman and Rubyman. He despises fighting, but once provoked can be a powerful adversary. He has the ability to control Rockdon and Rockgilan. Because of his mechanoid nature, Amberman does not need to breath oxygen. Like most Rock People he is probably immune to the effect of acid and magnetic fields which adversely affect metal mechanoids. He carries his Crystal Scissors weapon. He stands 5 feet 11 inches tall.
Spaced Out Design released Geodraxus Pyrocor in November 2019, an homage to Sunstone and Amberman.
Machibe Robo: Revenge of Cronos
Amberman first appeared in Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos episode 36, "Cannon Fury - Save Amberman". When Amberman summoned Rockdon it outclassed the smaller mechanoids until it was matched in power by the combined might of the brothers Pro Truck Racer and Tough Trailer.
Amberman was unable to control Rockdon and Rockgilan when they were provoked to rampage inside the Battle Base by Grujious in episode 37, "Critical Moment - Land Commander 5", attacking Yamalin City.
Amberman appeared in the Battle Base in episode 40, "Secret Valley of the Fossil Men".
Amberman rode Rockgilan into battle in episode 41, "Power Riser - Break Through the Enemy".
In episode 44, "Cronos's Last Battle", Casmodon and Sandrock were successfully defending the Gandora base against attack when Amberman sent in Rockdon and Rockgilen, who buried the two Gandora in debris. During the final battle with the Gandora, Rubyman informed Amberman that the artifacts he had protected were in the hands of the Gandora. Amberman was among those who celebrated when the Hyribead healed the planet. Amberman, Eagle Robo, Jeep Robo, Patrol Car Robo, Porsche Robo, Pro Truck Racer and Tough Trailer are among those who left Chronos in ships at the end of the series.
Note: Amberman is voiced by Bin Shimada, who also provides the voice of Overload in the Japanese dub of the 2015 Transformers: Robots in Disguise series. In some English dubs of the series he is called Amber, and is a member of the Jade People.
Machine Robo: The Running Battle Hackers
Amberman, Battlerock, Diaman, Maskrock and Rubyman appear in Machine Robo: The Running Battle Hackers episode 1, "Burning Electronic Planet".
- Bandai Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos MRR-9 Amberman (1986)
- A new mold by Bandai. Turns from robot to amber rock. He has a 3mm grip. Comes with his Crystal Scissors weapon.
- This toy was released as Rock Lords Sunstone.
- Spaced Out Design Geodraxus Pyrocor (2019)
- A Glyos compatible figure in translucent orange with silver paint.
- 1986 toys
- 2019 toys
- Bandai toys
- Fictional characters introduced in 1986
- Fictional characters with acid immunity
- Fictional characters with earth or stone abilities
- Fictional characters with oxygen independence
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional robots
- Fictional shapeshifters
- Machine Robo
- Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos characters
- Machine Robo: The Running Battle Hackers characters
- Rock People
- Spaced Out Design toys