Alphatron is a fictional character from the Micronauts series introduced in 1978.
Alphatron is a robot from the Micronauts series. Among the Trons he is the yellow one and also the leader. His box calls out "unique grappling arms."
Alphatron was released by Mego in 1978. He was also released by Airfix and Gig.
Advertising for the Trons refereed to them as "The robot clowns."
In 2018 several parts for Alphatron were released on Shapeways by Mathew Robert Ignash.
1979 Marvel Comics
In the Marvel Comics Micronauts stories the Trons are the minions of Psycho-Man. They first appear in issue 17.
After Marvel Comics lost the license to Micronauts they never appeared again in the Marvel Universe.
2016 IDW Publishing
In the IDW Publishing Micronauts stories Alphatron is the enthusiastic Tron who was built by Microtron from spare parts.
Alphatron, Betatron and Gammatron appeared together in a 1979 Mego toy commercial.
- Mego Micronauts Alphatron (1978)
- A 1:18 scale robot toy by Mego.
- Alphatron shares parts with Betatron and Gammatron and was designed using numerous parts from previous figures. His main body came from the Stratastation and was reused in the Monorail City. His antenna is reused from the 1977 Popy DX Voltes V.
- Airfix Micronauts Alphatron
- Gig Micronauti Alphatron
- A release of the Mego toy in Italy by Gig.
- Several parts for Alphatron are available on Shapeways.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.
- 1:18 scale
- 5mm peg compatible toys
- 1978 toys
- Airfix toys
- Fictional characters with oxygen independence
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman longevity
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional shapeshifters
- Gig toys
- Hasbro toys
- IDW Publishing characters
- Marvel Comics robots
- Mego toys
- Shapeways toys
- Toys with electric motors