Super Couper jokes about everything. He is a member of the Robo Rebels.
Like most GoBots, Super Couper has numerous abilities because of robotic body. He can survive in space and is super-humanly strong and tough. He can fly in robot mode and project energy blasts from his hands. His body heals quickly when supplied with energy. He can turn into a car.
Once seriously injured in a Renegade raid, Super Couper has been rebuilt and remodeled. Given state-of-the-art GoBotic components, he has emerged as a super-accelerating, lightening fast hot rod! Burning up the roads, Super Couper races out to catch any Renegades foolish enough to be in his way. He's king of the roads. He's a blazing Guardian Hot Rod!
Although Super Couper did not appear in the Challenge of the GoBots animated series he did appear in a toy commercial story. The Super GoBots arrived by land, sea and air, with Raizor, Spy Eye, Throttle and Super Couper sought out Vamp, Night Fright and Clutch.
In the story Cultural Appropriation by Fun Publications it was revealed that Rock Lords Brimstone, Magmar, Spearhead and Stoneheart teamed with the GoBots Bent Wing, Major Mo, Raizor, Super Couper and Tail Pipe to explore Level 34 when the Cataclysm threatened to destroy the GoBots home universe.
Super Couper was featured in the 2016 Ask Vector Prime story Echoes and Fragments, set during the events of The Transformers: The Movie. The manipulations of the evil Gong and Sideways resulted in various GoBots swapping places with characters during the events of that film. Super Couper took the place of Springer. After movie bodies of Sparky and Professor von Joy from the battle field at Guardian City, Bent Wing and Super Couper joined Tail Pipe, Raizor and Daniel Witwicky in moving a Boomer into place to try to stop Megatron and Devastator.
Super Couper appeared in the episode 2 story "Fugitives". The Robo Rebels excaped the GoBotron Stockades. Making their way to see Bladez, they discovered he was actually a Renegade agent who has planned an ambush of the Guardian fleet at Alpha Centauri. After escaping Bladez' ally Creepy, the Rebels attempted to warn Leader-1, but were too late to stop the fleet from taking off.
Super Couper appeared among the Guardian forces in "A Spy Among Us" by Telepictures Publications. In the story Cy-Kill had Night Fright attack Super Couper and plant a bugging device on the Guardian. Cy-Kill used the device to overhear information about an incoming robot freighter filled with Zintrinium. As the Renegades continued to anticipate the Guardian's moves, Leader-1 reasoned they were bugged and was able to lead the Renegades into a trap in the freighter's hold by giving them false information. Once the Renegades were trapped inside Leader-1 had Scooter program the ship to fly to the Crab Nebula, giving the Renegades a nice little vacation.
- Tonka Super GoBots 035 Super Couper (1986)
- A new mold. Turns from robot to car.
- Jim Sorenson (w). "Echoes and Fragments" Ask Vector Prime (February 10th, 2016), Fun Publications
- "Rebels Without a Circuit". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 27, 1986/December 28th, 2015. No. 1, season 1.
- "Fugitives". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 28, 1986/December 29th, 2015. No. 2, season 1.
- "Double Cross". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 29, 1986/December 30th, 2015. No. 3, season 1.
- "Countdown to Annihilation". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 30th, 1986/December 31th, 2015. No. 4, season 1.
- "The Hawks of Space". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. September 24, 1986 & September 25, 1986/October 19th, 2015. No. 7 & 8, season 1.
- "Combiner Wars Part 1". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. December 11th, 1986/February 5th, 2016. No. 64, season 1.
- Paul Kirchner (w, a). "A Spy Among Us" GoBots Magazine (Winter 1987), Telepictures Publications