Spray is a third-party Transformers homage to the Generation 1 Autobot Seaspray created by iGear.
According to his tech spec numbers Spray is very intelligent, as well as being well skilled. He has slightly below average strength.
According to the designer of the toy, he refers to the chrome version as "C-Spray".
Other third-party Transformer homages to Seaspray include Maketoys Hover.
Spray was previewed at the Third Party Panel at TFcon 2011.
In June 2011 iGear posted promotional photos of the prototypes for Spray and Rager on the internet.
In July 2011 preorders for Spray and Rager were opened.
In January 2013 iGear announced preorders on a metallic recolor of Spray.
Finished product images of the metallic Spray were posted to Weibo in April 2013.
When Impossible Toys first solicited their Bumble Bug toy in July 2013, they displayed it along side Spray for comparison.
The WTF@TFW podcast for November 25th, 2011 selected a pictures of iGear's Spray and Rager and Maketoys Hover and Bomber as one of the New Picture Picks.
MW-01: A good natured 'bot, more at home on the sea than on land. Originally scheduled to join the Mini-Warrior Exodus, Spray was denied entry for being too tall and had to spend his time on the home planet where he was considered too short. Had he joined the mini-brethern, he would never have eventually found peace on Earth, where he also enjoyed a brief career as a voice over artist for marine based Universal Masters.
MW-01C: Now this is the story all about how Spray's life got flipped, turned upside down And I'd like to take a minute just listen to me I'll tell you how I became the repaint of a line called 2G
In Pawtucket, Rhode Island born and raised In the toy shop is where I spent most of my days Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool Waiting to be purchased, played with at home or school When a couple of reps, they were up to no good Started thinking neon in my neighbourhood I saw a couple of paint samples and I got the heebie geebie They said "you've got to have a repaint, if we're putting you in 2G”
I dreaded the nineties reboot and when it came near the packaging said "fresh" and “cool”, I couldn't look in the mirror We went through the colour options, complete from A-Z But I thought “I have an idea”, “yo, chrome in 2G!”
Now back in the day, remember re-releases were rare, It only happened to the big toys, about minis who would care? But when I looked at my wave mates everyone would see,Me sat in my chrome as the prince of 2G.
- iGear Mini-Warrior MW-01 Spray (2011)
- An original third-party Transformer mold created by iGear. Turns from robot to hovercraft. Comes a gun, collector card and instructions. On the back of the instructions for Medical Specialist and Weapon Specialist are co-sells for Spray, Rager, Hench, UFO, Cogz, Duneraker, Veer and Bushwacker.
- This toy was recolored into Manatee.
- Reprolabels Classics Cosmos and Seaspray (2012)
- A set of labels for UFO and Spray.
- iGear Mini-Warrior MW-01C Spray (2013)
- A recolor of Spray in a metallic finish, just like Generation 2 Seaspray. Limited to 500 pieces.
- blunghole (October 25th, 2011). "Good Morning, Cybertron!". https://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Morning-Cybertron/147383341975239 (Podcast). blunghole. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMrLdbBDmF0.
- Brian Kilby (November 2nd, 2011). "Radio Free Cybertron". http://www.tfradio.net/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfradio.net/index/2011/11/5/radio-free-cybertron-11022011.html.
- Vangelus (November 11th, 2011). "WTF@TFW". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/492209-wtf-tfw-173-november-11-2011-a.html.
- Vangelus (November 25th, 2011). "WTF@TFW". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/498425-wtf-tfw-175-november-25-2011-a.html.
- Reed, Philip (2013). Transforming Collections. ISBN 978-1-62620-496-6.