Splashpoints are characters from the BMOG (Bio-Mechanical Ordnance Gestalts) toy line. They are not homages to any existing characters, but meant to be used as either a stand-alone figures, or as accessories to any toy capable of using 5mm port accessories, such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Zoids Blox, and many others.
The Non-Dino Squad was designed by Trent Troop. They were referred to as the Notasaurs in early development.
The names of the Non-Dino Squad members were revealed in a BMOG Kickstarter update in November 2013. Featherblight and the Non-Dino Squad were to be part of a stretch goal if the Kickstarter raised at least $31,000.
The package art for Ursenal and Mant-Axe had teaser co-sells for Featherblight and the Non-Dino Squad.
A black set of the Non-Dino Squad was part of the unsuccessful Lost Protectors Kickstarter campaign. It was to be a bonus item for anyone who pledged at least $78. A glow-in-the-dark Non-Dino Squad called the Atomic Dinotrouble set was to be a $12 add-on for anyone who pledged $39 or more.
The Splashpoint was released on Shapeways in March 2017.
The Radio Free Cybertron podcast for November 17th, 2013 interviewed Trent Troop. During the interview he mentioned Featherblight, Mant-Axe, Ursenal and the Non-Dino Squad. He also mentioned wanting to make characters inspired by the Inhumanoids and Wheeled Warriors toy lines.
BMOG creatures were brought to life when weapons made by a group of evil interdimensional arms dealers were exposed to the power of the last world seed.
As BMOGs go, Splashpoints are old-timey creatures with old-timey tastes. Sometimes mistaken for mechandolphins or robopenguins, they are more analogous to Earth ichthyosaurs, and their weapon forms resemble old fashioned retro ray pistols. Like all the non-dino squad BMOGs, Splashpoints are found as both Paraxxoids and Augmentoids.
- Prize Inside BMOG Non-Dino Squad (2017)
- A new mold by Prize Inside and available in their Shapeways store in a variety of colors. Each of three members is a single piece that turn from a prehistoric reptile into a weapon.
- Prize Inside BMOG Splashpoint (2017)
- A new mold by Prize Inside available at their Shapeways store in a variety of colors. Splashpoint has a 5mm peg and a 5mm port in its tail so it can be used as a ray gun or combine with other BMOG parts to form all new creations.
- blunghole (October 25th, 2013). "Good Morning, Cybertron!". https://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Morning-Cybertron/147383341975239 (Podcast). blunghole. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1eT65x4yx0.
- Brian Kilby (November 17th, 2013). "Radio Free Cybertron". http://www.tfradio.net/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfradio.net/podcast/2013/11/17/radio-free-cybertron-337.html.
- blunghole (December 8th, 2013). "Good Morning, Cybertron!". https://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Morning-Cybertron/147383341975239 (Podcast). blunghole. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaJGR37yvzk.