Spinout is a fictional character and third-party Transformer homage to Generation 1 Sunstreaker made by Omnigonix.
Spinout was an early name that Hasbro planned to use for Generation 1 Sunstreaker. Spinout went up for preorder in March 2015, and was released in May 2016.
Spinout was received poorly. Within a few days of the toy's release, Toy Dojo announced a price drop and warned customers of quality control issues present within the mold.
Many buyers complained of his chest not tabbing in securely. Another common complaint is that his wheels cannot achieve adequate traction to roll, and sometimes have been known to pop off entirely.
The design seems to have been changed in places from the initial prototype, with the replacement of the molded intakes for simple black paint. Omnigonix, the designer, confirmed that these changes were done without his involvement.
Spinout arrived on Earth with his brothers, from a distant galaxy. He enjoys fighting quickly and decisively. He dislikes the hypocrisy of humans, but is still willing to defend them from evil forces.
- Omnigonix OG-01 Spinout (2016)
- Accessories- alternative face plate, hand blaster, silver gun
- Spinout is intended to be a Masterpiece inspired take on the character of Generation 1 Sunstreaker. He transforms into an car which resembles a Lamborghini Countach LP500S. He includes a swappable face that seems to be inspired by the appearance of Sunstreaker's IDW incarnation.
- Spinout's hand can be flipped and replaced with a blaster. As a result of his transformation, his neck can be extended to a considerable length.
- ↑ TFW2005.com: My baby was amended and adjusted without my consent or approval., accessdate: May 28, 2016
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.