Skyhammer is the name of four fictional characters in the Transformers series. The first Skyhammer is a heroic Autobot Pretender introduced in 1989. The second Skyhammmer is a Decepticon allied Mini-Con who turns into a jet which was introduced in 2008. The third Skyhammer is a Decepticon Power Core Combiner who turns into a jet who was introduced in 2011. The fourth Skyhammer is an Autobot helicopter from the Dark of the Moon series introduced in 2011.
- 1 Transformers
- 2 Transformers: Universe
- 3 Transformers: Power Core Combiners
- 4 Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- 5 References
Skyhammer is high ranking Autobot who is described as a know-it-all do-gooder.
A valiant, vigilant warrior. Dedicated to defending the innocent. Automated high-tech sky cruiser ideal for defending against enemy attack. Thermal blasters in wings liquefy metal on impact. Front-mounted high-frequency modulators provide long-range audio and visual surveillance and tracking capabilities. Coolant vents in nose emit black clouds of sleep gas, and top-mounted turbo-fans can produce cyclonic wind funnels. Also armed with twin lightning bolt cannons and programmable, steel-shattering sonic overloader. Outer shell armed with photon pistol and converts to super-sonic hoverjet.
Skyhammer was created after the animated Transformers series ended in the US, so his only animated appearance was as in toy commercials for his toy. In it, he is seen fighting the Decepticon Roadblock.
Skyhammer appeared in Another Light where he was among the mixed Autobot and Decepticon team stationed at the Ironworks base on Classicverse Earth. When Shattered Glass Primus attacked the Earth, Gaia teleported the humans and human looking Pretenders away.
- Hasbro Transformers Ultra Pretender Skyhammer (1989)
- An Autobot Pretender. He has two shells, one turns from a humanoid into a jet, the other is a hover vehicle.
Nineteen years after the original Skyhammer was released, Hasbro reused the name. This Skyhammer is a Decepticon allied Mini-Con who turns into a jet. His deco is similar to that of a G.I. Joe Rattler.
- Hasbro Transformers: Universe Armada Series Mini-Con Class 12-Pack (2008)
- Skyhammer is a recolor of Steel Wind. Turns from robot to jet.
- The package swaps the team names of the Ransack and Overcast Mini-Con Teams, but their proper names were published on the Hasbro web site.
Transformers: Power Core Combiners
In 2011 a new character named Skyhammer was released as a Decepticon Power Core Combiner jet. Where Power Core Combiners fits in Transformers fiction is vague, although it has some connections with the 2007 live action Transformer movie series.
When Maketoys released promotional images of their Missile Launcher Jungle Type toy they included photos of it combined with Skyhammer.
The boiling clouds of an approaching thunderstorm hold terror for any Autobot caught in the open. Skyhammer manipulates the weather to generate ferocious winds, torrential rains and destructive blasts of lightning. As soon as his enemies are disoriented by the pounding storm, he descends from the clouds, smashing into opponents like a hammer.
- Hasbro Transformers: Power Core Combiners Skyhammer with Airlift (2011)
- A new mold.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
In 2011 another Skyhammer was introduced as part of the toy line associated with Transformers: Dark of the Moon. This Skyhammer is a heroic Autobot who turns into a helicopter.
Back on Cybertron, Skyhammer was a highly decorated Autobot aerial assault commander. He was tasked with personally advising Optimus Prime in countless skirmishes with the Decepticons. Skyhammer is surprisingly nimble given his size and weapon payload. He is an expert with projectile weapons, but also excels in hand-to-hand combat. He carries an energon blade bestowed on him by Optimus Prime as recognition of extraordinary courage and heroism in battle.
- Hasbro Transformers: Dark of the Moon Voyager Skyhammer (2011)
- A new Voyager mold of Skyhammer. His Mech Tech weapon is a blaster with a retractable sword.
- The mold for this figure is also used for Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Autobot Drift and BotCon 2013 Sandstorm.
- Bellemo, Mark (2007). Transformers: Identification and Price Guide. Krause Publications. p. 218. ISBN 0-89689-445-2.
- Benson Yee & Pete Sinclair (w), Dan Khanna (p), Jake Isenberg (i). "Transformers Invasion" Transformers Timelines v2, 7 (2012), Fun Publications
- Jesse Wittenrich & Pete Sinclair (w), Eryck Webb (p), Eryck Webb (i), Evan Gauntt (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair (ed). "Another Light Part 6 - The Future Buried" The Transformers Collectors Club 66 (December/January 2016), Fun Publications
- TFU.info - Skyhammer (G1)
- Huxford, Sharon (1995). Schroeder's collectible toys antique to modern price guide. Collector Books. ISBN 978-0-89145-661-2.
- TFU.info - Universe Skyhammer
- TFW2005.com - Skyhammer
- TFW2005.com - Voyager Skyhammer