Jet! Defeat the Double Death Blade!
Jet! Defeat the Double Death Blade! is the thirteenth episode of the animated television series Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos, which was broadcast on September 25th, 1986 in Japan.
Lord Grobol, a Gyandlar captain, leads the Devil Satan 6 to a martial arts Dojo owned by a female called Rury, searching for signs of the Wolf Emblem. Finding a marking on the building they attempt to investigate but Rom's group arrives to confront them. Jet duels with Grobol until the Gyandlar decide to withdraw. Rury collapses and is helped by Jet. Nearby, Diondra berates Grobol for retreating. Jet and Drill teach the students at the Dojo to allow Rury to rest. Rom, Leina and Jim talk to her about the Wolf Emblem, put there by Kirai 15 years before, but she doesn't know any more about it. Jet meanwhile is romancing her and considering staying on as a teacher at the Dojo when Grobol reappears and challenges him to a duel. Against Rury's wishes, he agrees and follows Grobol away from the Dojo.
The duel is a ruse, allowing Diondra to lead an attack on the others. She's joined by Garudi, sent down from the Gyandlar ship in orbit. He challenges Rom and seems to be matching him. Jet, meanwhile, is able to overcome and mortally found Grobol despite getting an injured shoulder. Grobol tells him of the Gyandlar's plan with his dying words and Jet sets off for the Dojo. There Rom and Garudi are in a stalemate, but the Gyandlar troopers have seized Leina. Jet arrives in time to save her, giving Rom the chance to transform into Kenryû. The Gyandlar retreat, only for Jet to collapse from his injury. Once he has healed the group moves on, though Jet promises to return to Rury and the Dojo once the Gyandlar are defeated. Rom meanwhile reflects on the power and odd familiarity of Garudi.
- Firsts: This is the first appearance of Rury and Gardi, who would go on to appear in later episodes.
- Although Battle Robo, Buggy Robo and Supercar Robo first appeared in episode 10, their appearance in a flashback at the Dojo happens before those events.
- Rom states his father died (in episode 1) three months ago.
- Ruri says Rom's father visited the dojo 15 years ago. Buggy Robo and Tank Robo were students back then, along with nervous Chronos Clan members.
- Rom Stol's lecture this week is about "?". ? doesn't deserve to know Rom's name.
- Death toll:
- The French dub of this episode was called "?".
- In some English subtitles the name of this episode is "?" and "?".
- "Jet! Defeat the Double Death Blade!". Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos. September 25, 1986. No. 13, season 1.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.