Cyclonus (Shattered Glass)
Cyclonus is a fictional character from the Shattered Glass portion of the Transformers series. He is a heroic Decepticon who turns into a Cybertronian jet. He is also a Targetmaster. Although he appeared in a comic story in 2008 a toy was not made for him until 2010.
This Cyclonus is an alternate version of the Generation 1 character from the BotCon exclusive "Shattered Glass" comic, in which the Decepticons are on the side of good and the Autobots on the side of evil.
While powerful, Cyclonus is a bit wishy-washy never sticking to one cause very long. He hates Ultra Magnus and has a Targetmaster partner named Krunix.
The [email protected] podcast for March 4th, 2010 selected a picture of Shattered Glass Cyclonus as one of the New Picture Picks.
Idling in a prison cell is often the most profound way to chase an epiphany, and Cyclonus cornered his during his fourth deca-cycle of incarceration. Without the constant whispering into his audio receptors by the powers that be, the remorseful Decepticon finally found the still calm that allowed him to rise abouve the ever-present chappter and hear for the first time his true voice. Now, with a determination of his own and the moral consult from his Targetmaster partner Krunix, he seeks to redeem his name amongst the Decepticons, all the while endeavoring to never again lose his voice in the din of decit and corruption he has re-avowed to fight.
In "Shattered Glass", Cyclonus is among the troops of Megatron.
In Reunification, Cyclonus tries to kill Megatron at the command of Alpha Trion, revealing himself to be a traitor to the Decepticons. After successfully killing him, Nexus Prime resurrects Megatron as Galvatron. Galvatron defeats him.
Cyclonus appears in a flashback in The Coming Storm.
Cyclonus appears in the 2012 BotCon Invasion lithograph by Casey Coller and Josh Perez.
Cyclonus appeared in Solar Requiem, where he is seen meeting the positive universe Autobots on their Earth with Galvatron .
Cyclonus appeared in Another Light where he was among Galvatron's shuttle crew when Gaia teleported the humans and human shaped Pretenders from Classicverse Earth. The shuttles were attacked by Shattered Glass Primus, but survived.
Cyclonus appeared in the Transformers: Mosaic story "Darkest Spark" by Simon Reeves.
Both Generation 1 and Shattered Glass Cyclonus had cards in the Magic: The Gathering Brothers' War card game in 2022.
- Timelines Deluxe Cyclonus with Krunix (2010)
- A Transformers Collectors Club exclusive recolor of Universe Cyclonus with Nightstick, in Generation 1 Rodimus's red and orange colors.
- ↑ Vangelus (March 4th, 2010). "[email protected]". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/294863-wtf-tfw-85-march-4-2010-a.html.
- ↑ Pete Sinclair & Benson Yee (w), Don Figueroa (p), Don Figueroa (i), Espen Grundetjern (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair & Brian Savage (ed). "Shattered Glass" Transformers Timelines v2, 3 (Botcon 2008), Fun Publications
- ↑ http://tformers.com/transformers-botcon-2012-transformers-invasion-box/17534/news.html
- ↑ Jesse Wittenrich (2013). Solar Requiem. Illustrator Hidetsugu Yoshioka. Fun Publications.
- ↑ Jesse Wittenrich & Pete Sinclair (w), Eryck Webb (p), Eryck Webb (i), Evan Gauntt (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair (ed). "Another Light Part 6 - The Future Buried" The Transformers Collectors Club 66 (December/January 2016), Fun Publications
- ↑ http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/art/Darkest-Spark-160456111