Black Shadow (Transformers)
|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Black Shadow is a fictional character from the Transformers series. He was a villain from the Japanese Transformers: Victory animated series who later appeared stories published by Fun Publications. When a toy of this character was released in the US it was named Sky Shadow.
Transformers: Generation 1
In Transformers: Victory, the Thunderwing toy (with a different outer shell) was originally based on a different mold for a character called Black Shadow. He was a Crossformer working for the Space Mafia.
His weapons include his "Mighty Cross" and "Shadow Gun."
He sometimes works with the Titan Master computer hacker Ominus.
Black Shadow and Blue Bacchus first appeared on the Transformers: Victory anime series when they were hired by Hellbat to attack the planet Micro and steal it's energy. They were opposed by the Autobots Star Saber and Greatshot. During battle Greatshot destroyed their Pretender shells and the Decepticons fled.
Black Shadow was called by the name Thunderwing in some dubs of the Victory series.
Black Shadow (nicknamed "Blackie") was a major character appearing in Fun Publications fiction Gone Too Far, a text-based story set on TransTech Cybertron. He worked for Transtech Cryotek. In this story he assassinated the Decepticon Gutcruncher, and attempted to use the Autobots Hubcap and Jackpot as scapegoats. The Autobots eventually uncovered the real killer in front of an angry mob, who killed Black Shadow.
- Takara Transformers Crossformer D-309 Black Shadow (1989)
- A Takara exclusive. Because Black Shadow's principal colors were black and red, this is the source of Thunderwing's primarily red labels.
- Hasbro Transformers: Generations Deluxe Sky Shadow (2011)
- Hasbro Transformers: Titans Return Ominus & Sky Shadow (2017)
- A new mold that features a robot mode, base mode, and splits into a jet and a tank. This toy was remolded into Overlord.
- Distant Thunder Projects Group TSD-Alpha Thunder Shadow Drone (unreleased)
- An unlicensed figure meant to replace the drone on the Generations Thunderwing mold. This toy transforms from missile to a robot that resembles Generation 1 Thunderwing's inner robot. Set to be released in colors matching Thunderwing as well as the Sky Shadow and Metalhawk recolors of the mold. The robot's hands can hold 3mm weapons. Carries a gun.
- Alvarez, J.E. (2001). The Unofficial Guide to Japanese and International Transformers. Schiffer Publishing Ltd.. p. 44. ISBN 0764312820.
- "Planet Micro - The Mysterious Warrior". Writer Yoshihisa Araki. Transformers: Victory. August 1st, 1989. No. 17, season 1.
- S. Trent Troop and Greg Sepelak (2008). Gone Too Far. Illustrator Evan Gauntt. Fun Publications.
- Jim Sorenson & Bill Forster (July 22, 2008). Transformers: The Ark II. IDW Publishing. p. 184. ISBN 978-1600101809.