Armadillo (G.I. Joe)
|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
He is the driver of the Rolling Thunder vehicle, and his primary military specialty is that of armored assault vehicle driver. His secondary military specialty is advanced reconnaissance. Prior to his military career, he used to drive semi trucks, before his aggressive driving style got him into trouble.
In the Marvel Comics series, the character Armadillo was called Rumbler. His first appearance was in issue #80, when he helped the G.I. Joe team to keep Cobra Command from claiming a newly-formed island near the original Cobra Island. However, just as the battle was over, the island sank back beneath the waves.
In Marvel UK's Action Force comic, Armadillo appeared in G.I. Joe Annual 1992, as part of a team sent the fictional country of Sao Cristobel. The mission is to keep Cobra from acquiring a nuclear warhead.
- "Rumbler". JMM's G.I. Joe Comics Encyclopedia. Myuselessknowledge.com. http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=253&Itemid=53. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- "G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero" #111-112
- "Armadillo". YoJoe.com. http://yojoe.com/action/88/armadillo.shtml. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- Hidalgo, Pablo (2009). G.I. Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide 1982-2008. Random House. ISBN 9780345516428.
- Bellomo, Mark (2009). The Ultimate Guide to G.I. Joe 1982-1994. Krause Publications. ISBN 9780896899223.
- Armadillo on YoJoe.com
- Armadillo's Filecard on YoJoe.com
- Rumbler on Myuslessknowledge.com
- Armadillo on Joewiki.com
- Armadillo's entry in the Unofficial Guide to G.I.Joe
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.